motorcycle tire for fat rear bicycle wheels

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
My parts list for buildin a motorized bicycle from nothing is as long as my arm and I have to order everything online. My Dremel Tools just burned out it's brushes and I didn't even know it had brushes that needed routine replacing until yesterday. LMAO

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
You're absolutely hopeless, and don't really know what you really want because you don't know what you really need.

If you're going to race on pavement you're going to want soft compound street tires, not hard compound dirt tires, and if you knew anything about tires, you'd know you gotta get temperature into them to make them work to their full potential on pavement. If you go too wide or use too hard of a compound, you'll never get the magical grip out of them you're expecting. If you're going to go racing, you'll want to reduce the rotational inertia of your unsprung masses, IE wheels and tires, not spec out tires meant for jumping a 300 lb dirtbike 50 meters with a 200+ lb rider.

The chopper has pedals, and the street moped has pegs, because where I live mopeds can have pegs no problem.

Please don't weld your frame up with a gas torch, especially if you're expecting to crash into potholes at 50 mph and expect the frame to take the shock loading without suspension. Use an inert gas shielded MIG or TIG welder if you are so deathly concerned about your safety that you're selecting wheels and tires that can handle the load of Fat Bastard riding a CR500 off a motocross jump.

Like I said, less talk, more action, and get over yourself to read how tires and two wheeled vehicles work before you make something you regret.

I'm done with you, get to work and post real updates in your thread.
Go too wide with tires? According to your opinion? You mean like the too wide Formula 1, Nascar, AMA and everything else that goes fast around a track, wide? I guess those are too wide for you as well? LMAO

I guess youre the expert. You might want to inform all those racers that there tires are too wide as well and see what they say?

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
They use soft compounds that get up to around 200F before they start working. I'm a race car engineer, and you're a backhoe digging a hole for yourself...

Get to work, and read some books.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
They use soft compounds that get up to around 200F before they start working. I'm a race car engineer, and you're a backhoe digging a hole for yourself...

Get to work, and read some books.
Yes, I bet you are. A race car engineer riding hopped up Nopeds. Heat, hotter than the sun son. Lots of Nopeds in my rear view and fading fast. LOL

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Yah, I'll believe it when I see it.

Hope that lights a fire under your camel. rotfl

Indeed, I am a race car engineer. You can believe whatever you want, it doesn't change the truth. Indeed. :)

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
...and hey, hopped up mopeds are fun! This is motorbicycling.com isn't it?

26" bicycle tires...
It is indeed! Nopeds and Mopeds and any other 'ped resurrected from the 1970's will soon be going the way of the dinosaur......for good this time. It's time to move on, cause it's 2014 now. They had their day in the sun already and now that sun is going down fast. As fast as I can lay a weld bead. LOL

usflg

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
While we don't worry much about off-topic tangents here, we can clean a thread if the OP (creator/Original Poster) requests it... figured I'd mention that as it's particularly handy with build threads/build offs & resource/informational threads. If the OP states clearly that they'd like the thread to remain on-topic as much as possible staff will try and keep an eye on that too.

For the above, please use the report post feature or PM any staff member ;)

Last edited: