what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
went with the 3L soda bottle idea yesterday... was all of 4F when i left the house at bout 3pm... wind gusts between 25-30mph... made the 5 mile trip over to home depot for a job interview, and could still feel my fingers when i got there!
was supposed to take a 26m road trip (one way) today, but when it was still only 0F at noon, i decided i'd wait till tomorrow when it's supposed to be at least in the 20's... (snow showers)

brnot
Any pictures? sounds awesome.

I popped a big ol' wheelie. (apparently my engine's finally broken in.)
LOL, all right! Giggity .wee.

redneck82

May 25, 2014
concord, nh
haha giggity lmfao

pics of the soda bottle wind guards, no... just cut the bottle in half and zip tied it to the brake cables... throttle side is floppy as a bastard... need to sure it up some how in the morning before i hit the road...

redneck82

May 25, 2014
concord, nh
****... i ride just because... granted, it's my only mode of transport at the moment, but i go for rides regularly just for something to do... hence the frozen fingers the other day lol but tomorrow is gonna be a bit of a journey... 26 miles to the first stop, then another 28 in another direction, finally 12 more to get home... gonna be a good day

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
went with the 3L soda bottle idea yesterday... was all of 4F when i left the house at bout 3pm... wind gusts between 25-30mph... made the 5 mile trip over to home depot for a job interview, and could still feel my fingers when i got there!
was supposed to take a 26m road trip (one way) today, but when it was still only 0F at noon, i decided i'd wait till tomorrow when it's supposed to be at least in the 20's... (snow showers)

brnot

Best of luck with the interview!! I'm starting my 8th year wearing the apron. My Sis has been with 'em 23 years. Lots of opportunity there if you look in the right places.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Got some weather i needed it or not,cheep enough. Thanks for the link. Got a big sholdering gun for christmas,now like said got to get heat gun,maybe do the pawn shop.............Curt
I'm only a bit late with this but all I use is the soldering iron. Just run it up and down the sleeve and it shrinks....

redneck82

May 25, 2014
concord, nh
so today went a lil bit differently than expected... only put half the miles on due to water in my magneto case and ran out of fuel... and as low as gas prices are getting, i really didn't see me getting all the way home on the $.90 i had in my pocket... so called for a ride for the remainder...
was snowing pretty good when i left this morning so i stopped road side and got a pic of what exactly i was riding in...

for those of you who asked, you can sort of see the 3L bottle wind guards...
SOOOOO glad i put them on, even if they are just temps...

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
so today went a lil bit differently than expected... only put half the miles on due to water in my magneto case and ran out of fuel... and as low as gas prices are getting, i really didn't see me getting all the way home on the $.90 i had in my pocket... so called for a ride for the remainder...
was snowing pretty good when i left this morning so i stopped road side and got a pic of what exactly i was riding in...

...time to put the 20" wheels with the 2" ice spikes sticking out on the bike...

Other than that pretty...ummm...cool... ;)

redneck82

May 25, 2014
concord, nh
haha, for that matter, could get some 24" rims and tack 1" angle bar chunks to it for cleats and that would put it back up to the 26... lmfao

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
haha, for that matter, could get some 24" rims and tack 1" angle bar chunks to it for cleats and that would put it back up to the 26... lmfao

...think about the buzz that would be coming up through the seat....talk about numbnuts....just sayin'...

redneck82

May 25, 2014
concord, nh
yeah, but you could cut it down a certain amount by mounting them right up against each other... still be quite the buzz but not like riding on rail road ties lol

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx

Holy toledo, that's some rough weather man.i would be walking, and everyone driving would be spinning in their cars to their destinations. Austinites don't drive so good. Snow doesn't improve this fact.
Definitely copying the 3 Leiter idea.

I would wait until you're there. just a Thought
You cracked me up dan. Personally I recommend a cup holder ;)

Last edited: