The BEST Tires

GoldenMotor.com

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
I've been looking through past threads for THE BEST "no-flats" bike tire. Found lots of good info but I'll bet there's still more out there. I'm hoping a lot of the experienced riders might mention their ...

1) Favorite Tire
2) Favorite Tube
3) Tire Tips, Tricks & Stories

Getting all this info in one spot could really help keep a lot of us from walking home.
:ride2:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
MIKE, ARE YOU GOING FRICTION DRIVE. I HAVE BEEN RUNNING 2 FRICTION DRIVE 49CC ENGINE POWERED BICYCLES. HAVE HAD NO FLATS. RUNNING KEVLAR TIRES, SLIME TUBES AND THIN TUFF PLASTIC LIKE TIRE LINERS FROM SPORTS ACADEMY. I BOUGHT THE NICE FRICTION DRIVE KITS FROM "BIKERMOTORPARTS.COM" $149. +$10. SH. $100 FOR ENGINE FROM EBAY. TROUBLE FREE SETUPS. 49CC IS POWERFUL. 35 MPH WITH 180 RIDER 1 1/4" DRIVE ROLLER. HILLS NO PROBLEM. I TRIED TO PM YOU, NO WORK!! RON daxtit

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
My favorite tire has been the Duro Twin March Nylon 26 X 2.00. I have gotten over 4,000 miles with these tires and only one flat. All I use a little slime and a old inner tube as a liner.

Recently I got bigger HD wheels so I went with bigger tires. I am now using Kenda white walls (do not know model) 26 X 2.225.

These have a more aggressive tread. I find these tires to have more of a smooth ride and seem to soak up the bumps better. I have also have had two flats within 200 miles.

What I don't like about the Kenda's is they pick up rocks and pebbles and they get wedged between the tire and fender and make a loud scraping noise. I always think something is falling off.

For tubes I just use cheap Bell tubes from walmart. I have tried the No More Flat Tires but I did not like them and to me where a waste of money....http://motorbicycling.com/f3/flatless-tires-tubes-1123.html

FR31MB/Tubes and Tires - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

FR31MB/Tubes and Tires/NMF tires - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last edited:
Reactions: SoughtAnarchy

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Wow Fairracing ... thanks much for the long list of tire threads in post #2 above ... this should help a lot of us. Will keep me reading for awhile!
.trk

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
HI FAIRRACING31, MIKE IS THINKING ABOUT FRICTION DRIVE, THATS WHAT I HAVE ASEMBLED, I WENT FOR THE OVER KILL AS THE ROLLER TENDS TO DRIVE THINGS INTO THE TIRE. HAVE HAD NO FLATS SO FAR. DID YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS WITH YOUR TIRES?? YOU CAN`T BE RUNNING OVER THE CATUS!!:-|| WILL PM YOU TOMORROW. NICE "BARNES" STEEL SCHWINN CRUISER STYLE BIKE GIVEN TO ME FOR MY SHIFT KIT, 5 SPD CASSETTE. RIM WIDTH 1" ID SAYS UP TO 2.125 TIRE SIZE. WAS PLANNING ON YOUR.duh..bld. INPUT. LATER DAVID, RON

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Below are a few more tire links sent in by MB-ers:

Demo Movie

Installation Movie

NoTubes.com - About Our Tubeless System

NoTubes.com - FAQ / Troubleshooting

NoTubes.com - Tubeless Systems

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Air Free Tires - 26 x 1.75 Schwalbe Marathon Plus (559)

------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.turtleskin.com/store/category.aspx?categoryID=5

https://www.turtleskin.com/store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SPINSKINSDURO

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Puncture Resistant Bicycle Tires

.trk