Hello from Shasta County, Northern California

GoldenMotor.com
My name is Jeff I go by Nightrider. I have probably spent more hours on a bike then I have in car in most of my life. I'm 52 and have ridden close to 10 thousand miles in my lifetime. Was just recently diagnosed with distal sensorimotor polyneuropathy, also known as the nerves in my legs no longer communicate with my brain and vice versa. Meaning I no longer can feel my legs and there not functioning like they used to. I was told I might need surgery and I might end up in a wheel chair.
So I decide to invest in one of these little motors to help me around town a bit easier. I bought one off of Ebay last week and am now trying to install it. Ran into a problem already, And came here to find help. :-||

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum, Jeff. You've come to the right place for help, advice and to share the hobby.
I responded to your problem in your other thread but I'll add here to make sure when you drill that screw head that you center the drill as good as you can. Good luck.
Let us know if things work out.

Tom

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome jeff. hopefully we can help you get up and riding your motorized bicycle, great to have you with us

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi Nightrider. Yeah I know how you feel. Been there. I was in a wheel chair for about five years myself. Funny thing about pain and disability. With both things "If you don't mind it don't matter". I was diagnosed with Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, CPS, CFS and a few other things. Anyways I was told by my 5 doctors I'd probably never walk again. Funny thing about doctors, they aren't always right. I stopped seeing them, stopped taking all the junk they insisted I needed and went cold turkey. Yeah I was crawling the walls for about a month Morphine is a very bad drug and they had me on 3000mgs a day. To make a long story short I'm feeling better than before I was diagnosed. I traded their drugs for music. I got in shape and learned how to put the pain in the back of my mind. I'm in my 60's and no one I know can believe the changes in me. I'm happiest when I'm working creating designing fabricating. So stay busy, rest when you need to but most importantly have fun. Do what makes you happy brnot

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Welcome to the forum. I remember when I didn't even know the forum was present. Lots of useful info here. Keep the progress pictures coming, it never stops. Take care