Stolen and returned in 1hour

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
when I park my bike i pop off the plug cap and shut off the gas EVERY TIME I get off her. If I can see the bike I wont lock it if I cant I always lock it I use a chain and a harley hadlebar lock and hand cuffs as well . Most of the folks who know me know unless then can out run 1400fps they better not bother

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
when I park my bike i pop off the plug cap and shut off the gas EVERY TIME I get off her. If I can see the bike I wont lock it if I cant I always lock it I use a chain and a harley hadlebar lock and hand cuffs as well . Most of the folks who know me know unless then can out run 1400fps they better not bother
I do similar I shut off the fuel and lift the choke to full and try to lock the bike up where there are security cameras , I looked online and you can get a nifty little alarm that tones @ 120 db it's remote to 800 m as well so not only does the bike alarm go off but the remote does too so you know when someone is fooling with the bike and you can run and check it out .

I have the distinct feeling these guys had watched me for a few weeks and took the opportunity when they saw it as I visit the store on a regular basis usually at the same time , there are always daily thefts of number plates from the car park too ( used for ram raids )that upon speaking with security have seemed to completely stopped since these idiots were arrested so obviously these idiots are making a living out of other peoples misery .

I spoke to an officer yesterday who has stated they are being charged with the theft of a motor vehicle and can face up to two years in jail for it , and they have no need to involve me as they have outstanding charges already and this event goes towards their convictions , hopefully the judge throws the book at them

Regards Henshooter

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
we could take it one step further, and connect a bypass valve on the venturi injector on the carb that leaks fuel on your legs, then the spark from your switched over CDI will ignite them.
Then you would have a flying flaming bicycle thief!
Guarantee they wouldn't touch one of our bikes again!

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Glad you got it back Henshooter.

Theon, that's a horrible thing to happen to anyone. Sounds like you were a victim of the knock out game. I pray the punks gets what is coming to them tenfold.

The police here have always been good to me and my shop. About 16 break in attempts in as many years with a police response average of just over a minute.

We have a network of over 8,980 men in a town of about 60,000 people on Facebook and when something goes down post it and you immediately have a bunch of eyes helping you out. We also do a bunch of charity stuff. Facebook...go figure.

Dan.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Many years ago the band I was in had our practice house ripped for a bunch of our equeptment. We had to go to the police station to fill out the report, no cop ever went to the house to investigate. When we filed the report the Sgt. said to us as he turned away," You know what a baseball bat looks like, don't you?"... I have a baseball bat that's been photographed twice by the police...and I still have it.

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Many years ago the band I was in had our practice house ripped for a bunch of our equeptment. We had to go to the police station to fill out the report, no cop ever went to the house to investigate. When we filed the report the Sgt. said to us as he turned away," You know what a baseball bat looks like, don't you?"... I have a baseball bat that's been photographed twice by the police...and I still have it.
Got one sitting beside my bed as we speak , I call it the deterant , it's only there because my son plays ball ;)

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Tennis Racket is very good also I'm told,
less assuming,
lighter/faster.
Has a sharp edge, and a blunt one (if you don't want to break bones).
My Boss was ready and willing to sort this out, I talked him out of it.
Then he say's he's already got multiple charges, next one he will be going to jail.
Can't help but think our 'nice' local police sergeant was giving us 'enough rope'!
I even told the cop the other day that I had saved this kid a savage beating,
But I don't think the one we have identified was the one that attacked me, but he did pick up a broom and start shoving me back in my front door when I started swinging a Jimmy bar at the other feller who after beating me senseless chased me back to the house.
Problem that I see is "Ice" (Meth). These boys were likely smoking Ice, waiting for the creek infront of my house to go down. It's a big problem accentuated by the fact that so many guys get drug tested for work these days, and if you smoke pot you can't go back to work for a month, but Ice is out of your system in a day or two. So Friday night they can get as high as they want, as long as they don't smoke pot. Never met a violent pot smoker.

Last edited:

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Got one sitting beside my bed as we speak , I call it the deterant , it's only there because my son plays ball ;)
I keep a bat near the kitchen door and a pistol in the bedroom. If someone breaks into my house that's a direct threat to my family and that person will be killed simple as that. Im well trained in firearms, shoot competitively (Pistol and rifle) and carry a permit and Im the farthest thing from a hot head. Its there to protect.

Dan.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I keep a bat near the kitchen door and a pistol in the bedroom. If someone breaks into my house that's a direct threat to my family and that person will be killed simple as that. Im well trained in firearms, shoot competitively (Pistol and rifle) and carry a permit and Im the farthest thing from a hot head. Its there to protect.

Dan.
Right now all I have for a "gun" is a heavily modified Crossman 2400 KT. It's a single shot .22 CO2 powered and in a tactical configuration. It's more scary looking than dangerous ;)

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Years ago the police explained to me that having a ball and glove in the car made things easier to explain. A few ounces of lead in the end of bat made the balls go farther as well.

Steve.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Back in the time I spent as a delivery guy (over 15 years) I was a bundle of surprises. One of my favourites is a piece of steel pipe, around 12" long and about an inch and a quarter I.D. that lived on the door side of the driver's seat. The official reason (and most common use) for it was because I'm a skinny guy. It fit perfectly on the end of my tire iron, to give me the extra leverage needed. It also happened to fit very nicely in my hand, with my fingers closed around it and slid very tidily up my sleeve to rest between wrist and elbow (underside of left forearm). A twitch of the wrist and it was in my hand, otherwise it was an excellent blocking tool to any thing heading my way.
Steel-toed running shoes (so I could deliver to job sites - yes that wasn't uncommon) meant that any kick counted for extra, and even these days I can till snap a front kick that'll catch a jaw and put a head on upside-down and backwards. It just costs me more now than it used to. ;)

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
When I was a kid there was a 420 behind the front door of the house, and a short 22 under the counter of the old mans shop. I don't believe in guns my self, but I'm thinking of modifying a 'Jigger' (cattle prod). Or making some sort of 'Taser'.
I had 3 against 1 so I was worried if I beat on 1 I'd have my Jimmy bar used against me.

Last edited:

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
That's always the problem. Never bring anything that you can't defend against when disarmed. That's the added bonus to the steel toed runners. Much hard to take away from me.

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
One item my wife carries is aggressive dog spray ,see pepper spray is illegal over here in melbourne but dog spray( which so happens to be a lot stronger than pepper spray) is completely legal to use ,over in the states it's legal to carry bear spray , handy little bit of knowledge if the need should arrive for a distant defence

Regards Hen

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
My favorite is my native war clubber made from a tree branch with a hardwood tumor(lol I don't know the correct term but this best describes it ) on the end