New Bike, New Engine, Im a Newb.

GoldenMotor.com

Chicocaliguy

Dec 17, 2013
Chico, California
Hello,
I'am new to this Forum. I just purchased a SD Stinger Engine kit from bikemotorkit.com. I also have a Schwinn Del Mar (Walmart) bike. I was wondering, and hoping that this will be compatible.
Also when opening this kit (which arrives today) are there any things I need to look for on the engine kit to make sure nothings wrong with it? Does anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks,
~Logan

.flg.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
We're glad you found us.

The Schwinn Del Mar. I can't quite remember if that's a multi-speed or a one speed, coaster brake bike. No matter, really. It's a beach cruiser and they're perfectly compatible with a 2 stroke china girl (also sometimes known as a 'happy time').

There are all sorts of tips and tricks for the newbie. The problem is that I don't trust myself to remember and write down all of them here.

But I can promise you that there is info here that you want. Having it will save you from making mistakes. It certainly helped me.

The best way to get it is to start reading threads. Click on any headline that looks interesting. Then read until the end or until you lose interest. Then click on another headline. You'll pick up info that you want and need.

Good luck and have fun.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hello,
I'am new to this Forum. I just purchased a SD Stinger Engine kit from bikemotorkit.com. I also have a Schwinn Del Mar (Walmart) bike. I was wondering, and hoping that this will be compatible.
Also when opening this kit (which arrives today) are there any things I need to look for on the engine kit to make sure nothings wrong with it? Does anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks,
~Logan
Hi Logan welcome to the forum. :)

Check if any parts got broken in shipping.

Check that all the case fasteners are correctly tightened.
Look in through the exhaust port with the piston down.
Check torque on head bolts are 12 foot lbs
Check that the flat head bolt on the bevel gear is tight and grease the gears on the clutch side.

I prefer to buy a quality used bike over a cheaper quality walmart bike.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to our fun world of the motorized bicycle. i am sure you will be able to find and have people answer all your questions, we look forward to learning and sharing with you.