Auto shifting.

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Living here in Tennessee we have really big hills. I've seen a many people pushing their bikes up hills.
That is what got me to build my first 5 speed. That lil bike would climb a wall if it could get traction. High gear was way to much speed for a bicycle(IMHO). 18-22mph is my comfortable cruise speed. I am very uncomfortable over 35, although I have done it many times to keep up with city traffic.

The gearing allows me to climb ANY hill and cruise @ 22 without winding out the engine. If the auto shift works out, all the better!

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I love the possibility of a automatic , but in pa if it has an automatic the law can be interpreted as ITS A MOTORCYCLE I feel that area is not well covered , so I will stick to my 8 spd manual an mine will climb just about any hill around here at 5 mph slow ..... but steady .
Gary

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
In Tennessee its under 50 cc, automatic transmission. No mention of not shifting gears. I've only seen pictures and video of the Auto Bike. But I'm sure if there's a will there's a way. You'll have to replace the axle with a cromolly axle. The freewheel is probably a Falcon you may want to replace it with a Shimano.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Mopeds get away with legally having gears because they auto-shift, I don't see why not for bikes as well.

By the way, I hope photoshopping your gut to suck it in was intentionally a joke! LOL