I rode with a spandexer today.

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I decided to ride over to a bicycle trail today that's about 5 miles from my house. I get about a half mile from the entrance when I see a bicycle up ahead going my direction. I come zooming up on him like a fat girl at an all you can eat taco bar. just as I'm about to pass him I pull the clutch an kill it and start peddling.

I look over at him and ask what's up? He looks at my bike and asks what's that. I tell him it's my motor bicycle, and ask him where's his motor? He tells me he rides for exercise. So I ask him where's the bike trail? He says it's just up ahead and if I want to follow him he'll show me. Then he tell me, I don't think they allow motor vehicles on it. I ask him how's that different from here LOL.

So anyway we're peddling along and come to the entrance and start down the trail. He's on a racer, and we're going about 12 mph which is a pretty fast pace to peddle my beach cruiser. He looked to be about 30-35, and I'm 57.

So we've gone a couple miles by now at that pace and my face is starting to turn red and my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. i think I forgot to take my pills today too. Finally I decide I've had enough and I tell him I'm going to have to rest. I think he had the impression I meant I was going to stop and rest because I started slowing down as I reached down to open my petcock. He started speeding up a little and said yeah he could understand, and he'll see me later and starts pulling ahead.

But then all of a sudden RING DING DIND DING RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
By this time my motor was cold so I start out slow but started building speed. As I passed him he started peddling as fast as he could. I started calling out his speed. 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,,,,,,, bye bye.

His face was turning red now, but mine wasn't lol. hee hhe hee.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
About 2 months ago I let one draft off me from the top of Mt. Soledad, all the way to the bottom. It's about 2. 5mi. and we got up to 41 mph! He was pretty jazzed.....I was rather suprised he was able to hang.

And then there's un-official road racing (spandexers) on Fiesta Island. I'll jump in about lap three and pull my buddy ed out front by about 100 feet and just cruise a little over 30mph out of the packs reach. Those guys prolly hate me there, but Eddie and I laugh our a$$es off! Gotta love these motorized bikes!lafflaff

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
months back, i was jamming down PCH where there's a huge bikelane, going really fast, and weaving in and out of it to pass roadies (smoothly, and giving them plenty of room.)

i was stopped at a light and some guys pulled up next to me, and they were pretty stoked on my bike. i told them i was surprised, 'cause most roadies hate us.

one guy said, "yeah, but i've never seen one done right before."

proud moment in my life, lemme tell ya...