49cc china two stroke average speed

GoldenMotor.com

severedcorps

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
what is your top speed on these kits? and what is the average?

I am only getting about 22 mph top speed, and this doesn't sound right.. I haven't read about anyone having a top speed that low..

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have had motors that would only do 22-23mph. But after putting hundreds of miles on them the speed usually increases. But having a motor that only does 20-25mph is not uncommon from what I have seen.

severedcorps

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
lol..

ok well if that is normal, then I have no issues with it. I am buying an expansion chamber in a few weeks anyway, as soon as my local MB shop has them in.. I live close to the zoombicycles warehouse :D

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
100mph on a 66cc full blown china 2-stroke with 10t primary and a 26t rear sprocket......and then I woke up, man that thing was screamin'....what a dream!

sorry, never owned a 49cc, but I've had my 66cc bikes up to 47mph on the flats and that was pushin' it.....hard!

I would think after break-in, a 49cc with a 10t primary to 44t rear would cruise at 30ish mph quite easily....

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
O.K., here we go again.

No speed claims unless they are proven with video, or at least a photo of the bike with a GPS. Speedometers, especially the wart mart kind are notoriously inaccurate.

There are so many factors to be considered when talking about "top speed" on these, like was the engine even broken in yet? running optimally? sprocket size? gas to oil ratio?

Anyhow, 23 or so seems like you very accurately measured the speed of a 50cc bicycle engine kit running with a not quite fully broken in engine and so you are good.

Enjoy your bike, it's not SUPPOSED to be "fast".

severedcorps

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
O.K., here we go again.

No speed claims unless they are proven with video, or at least a photo of the bike with a GPS. Speedometers, especially the wart mart kind are notoriously inaccurate.

There are so many factors to be considered when talking about "top speed" on these, like was the engine even broken in yet? running optimally? sprocket size? gas to oil ratio?

Anyhow, 23 or so seems like you very accurately measured the speed of a 50cc bicycle engine kit running with a not quite fully broken in engine and so you are good.

Enjoy your bike, it's not SUPPOSED to be "fast".
I'm not concerned with posting the highest "top speed"

I just want to be sure that my bike's performance falls into what is considered average for a 50 cc china. Looks like I'm good! I use my bike everyday, all it did was replace my old bike (which I used to pedal around on)

I have a pretty reliable bike computer, I'm sure the speedometer and odometer are both very accurate

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
severed - Jus' ta let ya know, the quoted post above is in two parts. That first bit is a general announcement/warning regarding the posting of ludicrous & unsubstantiated top speeds, a problem we've had to face somewhat regularly given the ways of the internet lol

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I will add that your bike will likely increase in speed with mileage. Most take at least a hundred, maybe two hundred to be fully "broken in".

As dax always says, "Enjoy the ride".