hi by thunderkiller from Turkey

GoldenMotor.com

thunderkiller

Jun 16, 2010
Turkey
Hi Everyone,

My name is Onder. I live in Turkey / İstanbul. Iam 34 years old.
I am working as Mechanical Engiineer on HVAC systems design and installation.
I am an old and continious motorcycle rider.
I have two bikes Suzuki V-strom DL1000 & Kawasaki KX125.

I purchased yesterday a 70cc chineese bicycle engine. In Turkey they are not so familar to people.
Today I will pick-up the cargo & planning to install it today after work ends.
I hope everything will go on its way without an important problems with that similar chineese products quality.

Hope to share your experiences on next days.

Best regards

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Thunder,
Welcome to the forum. Any questions you have are welcome here. I am a Kawasaki fan too, my history is KE100, KE175, H2E(3X) Kz900, KLX300. I still love those 2 strokes!

Mac

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum, Onder. It looks like things went together for you. The ideal is for the engine to sit so that the carburetor is more level, but it will probably run OK. I would suggest walking a bit with the bike, clutch disengaged with the clutch lever... watching the drive chain go around to see if everything is lining up well and not wanting to jump off the rear sprocket. Make sure your chain guide is secure. Some people drill a small hole through it and into the bike frame and put in a bolt or screw so that it can't twist and wreck your spokes. Have fun riding and welcome to the forum.
SB

thunderkiller

Jun 16, 2010
Turkey
clutch seems to works properly. Rear wheel turns freely when I pull the clutch.
Chain tension seems good.
But it is hard to pull the clutch lever. Is it normal or should I cut shorten the clutch cable to keep out from the unnecessary curve in front of the handle bar. It also seems ugly.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Try the bike for a few days,you could dry lube the cable,,, then make decisions to shorten or not,

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Welcome Thunder...ah yes Istanbul pulled into port weigh anchor got off a few boats of sailors to visit and was told to leave 4 hours later...lol. From what little I seen from the ship looked like a cool place to visit...wish I'd got the chance too....
Terry

thunderkiller

Jun 16, 2010
Turkey
Welcome Thunder...ah yes Istanbul pulled into port weigh anchor got off a few boats of sailors to visit and was told to leave 4 hours later...lol. From what little I seen from the ship looked like a cool place to visit...wish I'd got the chance too....
Terry
hope to meet you in Istanbul.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Thunder. The clutch does loosen up a bit or maybe we just get used to it, lol.

Istanbul is awesome! One of the coolest citys I have seen. The architecture is awe inspiring. As you sail up the Bosporus Strait , a dog will start barking until you pass. Then another on either side will start all the way threw. They are anouncing you and your location in case your an attacking army. Really, really amazing.