4 Wheel Bike

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you're planning on buying one I'd check your local laws first. Many cities, states and counties will not allow four wheels. It falls into the automobile catagory and carries all the requirements for a car. 2 and 3 wheel vehicles are often exempt from many of the requirements of a 4 wheeled vehicle. Just a word of caution.
Tom

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
If you're planning on buying one I'd check your local laws first. Many cities, states and counties will not allow four wheels. It falls into the automobile catagory and carries all the requirements for a car. 2 and 3 wheel vehicles are often exempt from many of the requirements of a 4 wheeled vehicle. Just a word of caution.
Tom
This is true. My last ride of the fall I was passed by a MC club and bringing up the rear was a trike made out of the body of a early 90's Cougar (minus the front clip), all the passengers inside were wearing helmets and it had a MC plate.

Scotchmo

Jun 23, 2009
Los Osos, California
A guy is selling these locally starting @ $600 to $900; 6 spd, lights, etc.

Great for rear engine setup, ala Monster Trike style.
California has some special rules for “motorized quadricycles”. Section 407 of the vehicle code. You can legally drive a motorized quadricycle if you are over 62 or disabled. They have the same performance restrictions as mopeds – 2hp, 30mph.

meowy84

Jul 18, 2009
Canada
California has some special rules for “motorized quadricycles”. Section 407 of the vehicle code. You can legally drive a motorized quadricycle if you are over 62 or disabled. They have the same performance restrictions as mopeds – 2hp, 30mph.
I guess if you're under 62 you could just get an old Nixon haloween mask and you're ready to roll. rotfl