The Aussie Vetran

GoldenMotor.com

RLorange

Jun 21, 2008
Australia
Hello Everybody!

I am a motorised bicycle enthusiast from Australia. So Good to see such a good forum open up for these awesome little engines.

I have had three engines over the last 6 years! The first one a 48cc I had sent from the US via China, it cost as much in postage as the engine kit. Since then Warren from Zbox.com.au has been importing these engines and supplying them at a very reasonable wholesale price.

I have years of experience with these engines and hope to contribute to this growing body of knowledge and wisdom.

Happy motoring to all

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
hey gobber; i hope thats not an insult! quite a few of you from oz. welcome to you and your knoledge. are you guys as enamored by the worlds fastest indian as many of us are? some of this wonderful group are making the pilgramage this year. some for time trials. i know i will be thinking of that movie. again hello mitch

RLorange

Jun 21, 2008
Australia
Gobber? Nah mate I don't get insulted that easily!

Warren from zbox is selling a heap of engines Down Under, for years in Melbourne I never saw another one on the streets even tho I was clocking 100km a week flying around the city but these days I am seeing them everywhere.

About that clutch lever... What seems to be the problem? I need more info

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us :D We welcome your experience and knowledge my friend.

How popular are these cool little motor bike's down under?

:ride2:

RLorange

Jun 21, 2008
Australia
Thanks Guys! I'm fairly new to all of this forum stuff so I might need your advice to organise my postings.

These bikes are becoming really popular in Australia. There are a couple dozen in Byron Bay my home town of 5000 people so you notice them everywhere. Most of em are coughing and limping along like sick puppies cos people don't degrease their mufflers and run em too rich.

This site: zbox.com.au is the main importer.

Incidently on degreasing/carbonising mufflers: The best I have come up with is to pour granules of drain cleaner into it and then hit it with boiling water! Be very careful and do it outdoors cos the reaction fizzes off. But the carbon will just fall away. A decent hospitality grade grill cleaner is 2nd best.

Regular decarbonising is the key, a constipated engine is not a happy engine!

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Your experience with motorized bicycles will be an asset to the forum. Glad you joined us................................

x0xmartyx0x

Sep 5, 2012
California
Hello Everybody!

I am a motorised bicycle enthusiast from Australia. So Good to see such a good forum open up for these awesome little engines.

I have had three engines over the last 6 years! The first one a 48cc I had sent from the US via China, it cost as much in postage as the engine kit. Since then Warren from Zbox.com.au has been importing these engines and supplying them at a very reasonable wholesale price.

I have years of experience with these engines and hope to contribute to this growing body of knowledge and wisdom.

Happy motoring to all
Hey there RL... The name's Marty. This quite frankly has nothing to do with motorized bicycles... hahaha... My fiance and I are taking a serious consideration in moving to Australia (NSW specifically) in a few years... After I complete my commercial flight training. If I may, I'd like to leave you my e-mail sometime and talk about how life goes on your side of the world. Thanks much for your time. Happy motoring to you as well. -Marty-