New From Mississippi

GoldenMotor.com

RocketScientist

Jul 16, 2009
Soso, Mississippi
I am a 21 year old aerospace engineering major at Mississippi State University in Starkville. I've ridden motorcycles since I was six and really wanted something cheap that I could use to get to school besides using my car (I live 3 miles from campus). I thought I had a good plan for what I wanted to build but I'm growing increasingly concerned that the State of Mississippi will require me to tag and insure my bike since there are not any laws that distinguish a "motorized bicycle" from a motorcycle. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Sorry about that but you wouldn't believe the number of spammers that try to dump their trash here. I think you need 3 posts before you can link pictures, etc.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome RocketScientist to the best motorized bicycle forum on the net.

As Finfan says, you will need to make a few post before you can post any links, glad you joined us.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum.
Of course, with a handle like RocketScientist, we are expecting your motor bike to easily achieve low earth orbit.
If you can't achieve that, maybe you can motorize a spaceliner.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Rocket,
Welcome to the best forum for info on motorized bicycles. I'm surprised you're from mississippi. I would have thought maybe the east coast of Florida or Houston TX.
Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
My brother in law is one of the engineering deans at Miss State. Robert Anthony Green Phd. I think he is dean of engineering students.
He raced road bikes for a while but never tinkered with motorized things.
He's one of those guys that went to Miss State after high school and never left.
Good luck with the aero.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
I live in the state an do not have a tag.I have a copy of the law here somewhere,i will pm it to you.If you guys want to get together sometime i have a cattle ranch at winona.About 20 miles from state.HD