New to the hobby! Good at tinkering.

GoldenMotor.com

Eljeffo41

Oct 15, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Greetings all! I just recently discovered motorized bicycles exist! My budget is tight so my existing bike is the only one I have to work with, its a Schwinn Tourist. Right now it has 100 psi tires on it. I know Aluminum is not ideal but there is much good advice here to make it work. I have a Raw Racer kit and hub style sprocket adapter on the way. I will try to post pics along the way. I have had a love affair with 2 stroke engines my entire life. Anybody here from Las Vegas? I would like to find like minded people to ride and bench race with.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy and welcome to the clubhouse!!

Like you've said, there's tons of useful info on here ---- and lots of helpful members.

Good luck in your adventure!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've joined in the fun.
There is a lot of help and advice here for the new builder so don't be shy about asking for assistance if/when you need it. Our 'Search' can also provide much help. Using it will answer most questions you might have but we're always here if you need advice.

Good luck with your first motorized bicycle project. Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Eljeffo41

Oct 15, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks everybody,it looks like a fun and rewarding hobby. I am really looking forward to the build. I hope the Tourist is a proper platform, I have noticed nobody else is using them,lol. I never met a 700c wheel before with only 24 spokes.Time will tell.:-||

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard, Eljeffo.

It does sound, though, as though the bike you have isn't the perfect one for this job. Why not just keep an eye out for some basic mountain bike in the trash? If Las Vegas is like nearly everywhere else in the USA, there'll be one somewhere.

You want to build your bike, of course. But a 24 spoke wheel worries me. The drive sprocket is meant for a 36 spoke wheel. I can tell you from experience that a 32, for instance, definitely does not work.

But 24 is 2/3 of 36, after all. So maybe the spacing will work.