Cycling -- Mens Sexual Health

GoldenMotor.com

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
I know this might be a more PG-13 issue but it's pretty serious... I was just doing was reading when I came across a few articles about cycling being bad for men's sexual health (you know... you don't want ED!)

I thought that motorbicycling would be even worse because of the vibrations... all the articles I came across (just do a quick Google search) say that a "noseless bike seat" would help relieve pressure off your vital area and onto your butt.

Thoughts? Has anyone else thought about this, what kind of saddle do you have? I just wanted to get this out there so people can be aware... I'd gladly pay $35 for a good saddle to save my man-parts ya know.

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
Quite a few years ago, before I knew about motorbicycles, I bought a noseless saddle for my wife. She didnt like it. I tried it and I had no sense of stability. It was used a week, and sits in a small pile of things I dont want. I'd be scared to use it on the motorized bicycle.

I'd like to hear what anyone else has to say, I know there are other seat designs made to alleviate this problem but I have not tried them myself, and it is something that has crossed my mind as well.

MitchP

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Rosa, CA
These seats:

Can cause your peins to contract by pressing on the parts that you can't see. Beach cruiser seats are a better choice.

or:

are OK to use.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I used a no-pressure seat on my first motorized bicycle. It was ok, but it put more pressure on my backside, where I have scar tissue from a surgery I had a few years ago, and it would make me saddlesore very quickly. It also had no cushioning whatsoever. I now use a 13" wide Worksman seat, and I sit upright to avoid extraneous pressure on my man parts. It's padded enough to not put pressure on my backside either.

oldpot

Jun 21, 2012
MICHIGAN
i got a normal 7 gear bike and sometimes when i ride for the 3-4 miles or more i start getting numbness in my butt and penus weird feeling , like i getting pins and needles and have to get off for a bit until it goes away ,but when i got my motorized bike i been ok with the big seat that came with the bike when i bought it ,i need to try tilt it a bit up as when riding seams as i am moving more the the front of the seat , if i take it off i might not get it back on hehe.

[/URL][/IMG]
rmfla

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My last three bikes have all had home made seats/saddles. I've got a little bony butt and bicycle seats, any kind I've tried just don't cut it. 3 or 4 inches of high density foam over a frame designed to fit my back side and I can ride for as long as the fuel holds out with no discomfort.
Of course when you reach my age "men's sexual health" isn't all that important anymore. I don't care what Bob Dole says :)

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I've been riding bicycles for over 45 years and my boys still know how to party...I think you should go with what feels comfy and don't worry about it.
Traffic will kill you before your taint falls off.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I think you are fine unless you regularly ride a time trial or triathlon bike. Those bikes require that you stay tucked in an aero position with little movement allowed. I get a little numbness while riding my mountain bike and motorbike but it has not caused any problems.

Catfisher

Apr 10, 2010
Heart of Illinois
.flg.

Of course when you reach my age "men's sexual health" isn't all that important anymore. I don't care what Bob Dole says :)

Tom
(^) I'm not sure what your age is, Tom, but at age 76 my Dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He did do radiation treatments, but he would not allow them to operate because he couldn't stand the possibility of impotence. He was a little cruder when he said it, but this is a family forum, lol. He also said he'd die of old age before the prostate cancer killed him. He was right, he passed on at 95 1/2 with no more trouble from the prostrate.

I'm almost 61 and it's still pretty important to me, too!

.flg.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
As my buddy who is a WWII veteran would say, as you get my age, it is difficult to find a women my age that wants to participate. Bob Dole's remedy is going to help you, but ain't going to help her.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
This thread topic is old.....

1980=

1990=

The future=

Sure, you can still buy featherlite but wedges to "save weight" , but modern seats, even on some Wongmart bikes, have come a LONG way.

Don't ride in jeans, don't ride bikes with high, long top tubes and low stems/bars that make you mash your baby maker, and you'll be fine. The trend toward more upright road/hybrid bikes and even the new "compact" road race frames, is great. I'm 5'11, all legs, and can't stand road bikes that are supposed to "fit" based on simple charts. Noobs almost always have the seat too high or the bike too long between the seat bones and the grips on road bikes, and too low and short on mountain bikes.