Mouting 80cc china on a trek 4500

GoldenMotor.com

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
Have 2 questions....one is how do I mount the engine to the oversized trek frame? My second question is...is aluminum ok to motorize or should I find another frame to work with.

Considering the aluminum frame and the oversized tubing has caused me to think about getting another bicycle to convert.

Is this a good idea...yes or no. I need some experienced answers on this one. The 4500 was a 600 dollar bike when i bought it and has hardly been ridin. I considered all this today as i went out for a peddler stroll around town. Do I wanna chance busting the frame or do I not have to worry about it?

How do i go about mounting the engine on the angled tube of the frame? Exhaust clamps?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
There is a thread going currently on "Oversized Tubing SOLVED".

I would consider another bike for your first build.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I know, I know you dont have to tell me! shouldnt use aluminum frames. however Iam currently using one- a GT aggressor alum. frame and let me tell you that it has held up to this point and hopefully beyond. it has gone through a crash without any damage of any kind. and I do look at the bike before I ride and see no stress cracks or fatigue of any kind! Iam not saying alum. is a good choice, Iam just saying that it's what I used on my first build and it's still going strong!