what I must know for building

GoldenMotor.com

curchunflo

Aug 3, 2012
Argentina
Hello everyone, I am curchunflo, from Argentina. At first I must apologise for my english. I am a web developer and designer and learned to speak your language reading it, so, I must sound like a monkey, haha.

I am interested in building a motorized bike and now I am learning and reading a lot. Thanks for your forum, I found it very useful but I have a lot of question, I hope you can help me or guide me for learning.

I am a clasic motorcycle fan, so I want to give that style to my bike.
I like the 4 stroke sound, and I found it more comfortable because the 2 stroke motorcycles that I had was to noisy and spit a lot of oil. So I want a 4 stroke engine.

I started searching the gorgeuos GHX 50 form Honda, but Honda doesnt sells that engines here and in Argentina there is not ANY 4 stroke engine kit.

The only engine that I can find is the GX 35 with 1.3 hp. It has lower power that I want, but, I want a bike with engine, not a motorcycle. Reading in the forum I saw that with this engines I can reach the 25 mph, and thats fantastic for me.

The problem now is that I cant get the engine kit, so I must to buy the engine (here I comes in a weed eater) and build the kit from scrach (I mean: the engine, chains, etc).

What i do not understand is how to do it.

I want to put the engine IN frame, is possible to do that with this engine? I say that because all bikes with the gx35 that I saw do not has the engine IN frame.

next question:

I saw that you talk a lot about gearbox and clutchs. I must add a clutch and a gearbox to the engine? There is some how to here for reading what I must do for preparing the engine?

I thought that if I get the engine the only I have to do is to find how to transmit the engine`s power to the bike (I think that with a string connecting the motor shaft and the sprocket of the bicycle, that is the way to do it??).

Well, thank you very much for your atention and your help.

regards

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Greetings curchunflo

Are you on a tight budget or can you afford something like this 4-stroke 3-speed shifter?

Give me a PM or drop me an e-mail if that is what you are after and we can talk shipment but you are looking at ~$1,200 US.

curchunflo

Aug 3, 2012
Argentina
hello KCvale, I cant afford that, I think I will spend no more than 420 usd in the engine. I saw various kits in 300-400 more or less. What has that kit for costing 1200?? thank you

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
hello KCvale, I cant afford that, I think I will spend no more than 420 usd in the engine. I saw various kits in 300-400 more or less. What has that kit for costing 1200?? thank you
Bike in photo has:
$400 50 cc Huasheng engine Grubee 4G kit from Bicycle-Engines.com
$200 4 stroke shift kit from Sick Bike Parts .com
$200 to $250 bicycle with 3 speed hub

No one has an in frame bike kit for a GX 35 cc Honda so you
would have a lot of custom work to do.

Your English is very good! :)

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Bike in photo has:
$400 50 cc Huasheng engine Grubee 4G kit from Bicycle-Engines.com
$200 4 stroke shift kit from Sick Bike Parts .com
$200 to $250 bicycle with 3 speed hub

No one has an in frame bike kit for a GX 35 cc Honda so you
would have a lot of custom work to do.

Your English is very good! :)
Thanks MBR and yes that was the base parts, Big Red has a lot more on it than that however.
Note the wheels, seat and handlebars.
My only point was he lives somewhere nobody will ship to so I wanted to give him another option to just buy something already built and tested awesome is all.

We just talked in PM and I am wiping my hands of this guy.
In my words he told me my web site was a POS and he would make it 'Better and More Professional' if I sent him a 50cc Honda and tranny for free.
I told him where he could stick that idea and seem to keep getting more PM's from him, I have an option to Ignore or Block that from him here right?

All I am going to say in public is this guy has no money so be careful if you want to do business with.

My http://KCsBikes.com site an unsecure unprofessional POS ehehe.
It works for me and that is all that matters.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Back to the top, it's all online and ready to find. Go fish.

Find out your own answers. Why do people expect to be spoon fed?

You can find all the stuff you need online and then you have to figure out how to get it to where you are.

Good Luck!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Back to the top, it's all online and ready to find. Go fish.

Find out your own answers. Why do people expect to be spoon fed?

You can find all the stuff you need online and then you have to figure out how to get it to where you are.

Good Luck!
You are getting crotchety in your old age Mike. :)
Must be because you are one of those eBikers now! :D

Putting a GX 35 inframe is a little tricky and I have only
seen it done a few times.
The guy never asked to be sold a complete bike, just asked
for a little advice and I thought that was what we do here?

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yup.

So there are no kits, and you have to get bits & pieces available in Argentina.

Members in Argentina speak up - :)

curchunflo

Aug 3, 2012
Argentina
Hey guys, I think they are still very biased and unfair to me.

If you had told me that my idea is rubbish, I would have thought "well, these people are the ones that knows what I do not know" and wondered what had advised me to do. Because that is the reason because I came here.

I am a web designer and programer, I know what I am talking about when I talk about websites. Of course it is not the only word, you can have a different opinion, but you cant insultme or giveme a non educated treatment only because you do not like my opinion. That is unfair.

BTW: if you do not help me only because you dont like how I think, is like a censorship because if I have the same opinion than you, you can help me. That is even unlegal. But, you can do what you want, I wont give you a diferent treatment even if you are enemy of what my opinion.

MotorBicycleRacing, thanks for your words. I think that is a very bad first step. I thought that maybe you can help me, and I thank there must be some people who like to share knowledge with other people here.

Yes, i didnt ask for a alredy builded bike, I ask for your advice for building my own.

And: there is a lot of persons who want to ship me the engine (even this guy wanted to ship me a bike! note that, what do you say about that? now you do not want to sell me your bike and "talk about the sipping"?).

If somebody here want to do a comercial change, we can do it. I will not insult you if you say "I can pay you with the engine, do a website for me", because I am gonna spend some money in the engine, and I have to earn it. There is not difference between this options: in both I need to work. Do you see that?

Hope you understandme.I do not want to be rude, I hope not get me wrong, I do not want to offend them, but I do not want to be offend.

Regards and thank you four your time.

ps: a website with that security holes (in a windows sever!) and that design maybe was a good site in 1990, but now, is not a good site, if you like it, is different, but that doesnt make it a good site.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Why talk about websites if you want info on motorbikes?

It's all here.

It may not be "there", but that's for you to resolve.

I get stuff direct from China on ebay. Lots of stuff. More stuff than I can get here.

You can get anything you want on the internet, just need money - :)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I want to put the engine IN frame, is possible to do that with this engine? I say that because all bikes with the gx35 that I saw do not has the engine IN frame.

I saw that you talk a lot about gearbox and clutchs. I must add a clutch and a gearbox to the engine? There is some how to here for reading what I must do for preparing the engine?
It is possible and has been done before.

What kind of bike are you mounting the GX 35 on?
You can either make or buy a flat motor mount for the engine.

GX 35 comes with a built in centrifugal clutch.
You need to add a gearbox with gearing reduction.

A pocket bike gear box is not very high quality but will
work with a low powered GX 35, but it is rather wide
with the gearbox added so you can mount the engine high
in the frame so the pedals clear underneath or you will
have to install a wide crankshaft for your pedals.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180360796487?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Churchunflo, welcome to the forum.

What your thinking can be done. I would also suggest contacting some of the venders on either side and see if they will ship down your way.

Also, have you seen the DIY section? http://motorbicycling.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Perhaps every thing you need could be found locally. This is a great thread on a Cuban style of motorized bicycle known as a "Riquimbili"

Also, local lawn equipment companies might have engines that would work perfectly for you.

Hope that helps. Build some thing cool!

LOL, I made a few grammatical errors. We don't get graded for English here. Your's is fine and no worries. Just a bunch of folks hanging out and enjoying MBs.

Necessity is the Mother of invention

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just thought of this, trade some web work for parts/machining work?

I worked down in South America (Venezuela, Panama & Guatemala) and marveled at how well the barter system worked.

There is always a way to accomplish what ya wan't to do.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi curchunflo and welcome to the forum. i think the hard part will be getting someone to ship to Argentina. most of the 2 stroke kits are pretty much the same. most will get around 25mph. if you are looking at a 4 stroke consider what motor company's are popular in your country, Honda, Subaru ect. my best advice i can give is email all the dealers you can find and see how much to ship you a kit. i highly suggest you get a kit and put together yourself. reason i say this is that way when you have a problem you know the bike and able to fix yourself. my gas kits were basic and they worked well for me. shift kits and things like that is your personal preference and not a necessity. depends how fast you want to go and what you are trying to accomplish. for starters a basic kit in my opinion would be the best way to start. you can always ad shift kits, custom pipes and all that stuff later if you decide to.
also their is a lot of members from argentina. here is how you find them http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=17792 maybe one will live near you

curchunflo

Aug 3, 2012
Argentina
Hello and thank you all. I do not know why, but I didnt recieved any new notification so I didnt came over here.

After studing and thinking, and asking a lot of people here (vendors, not users) i have decided to buy honda gx50 kit, and now I am looking where to do it. I have not searched too much, but i cant find any honda kit in ebay. I will thank you if you can suggestme a vendor.

I decided not using the GX35 because I must buy the hole weed eater (around u$s600 here) and the kit is cheaper than that.

I found a 4 stroke huasheng here in "La Plata" (Buenos Aires) but they are crazy and want to sell me the kit u$s780! In ebay the huasheng is (with shipping) in u$s319, and if I pay the importation rights it doesnt cost more than u$s380.

And is a HUGE difference.

I want to use a beach bike frame, and made something between the ducatti cucciolo and a 1920 racing motorcycle. I will call it "Licha" o "La Licha" in honor to my grandmother (she was amazing, an incredible woman).

I think that buy the complete kit is better than build it myself because I think that there is too much posibilities of making a bad work (I had no experience in this area). I will moun it myself, and will study the kit, but, I prefer to buy something ready to mount.

Thank you all again. Now I will start the search of the GHX50 kit.

REgards!

BTW: I insist: if somebody needs a website and want to payme with a kit, I think that would be great, because somebody can win a webiste, and for me will bi more easy (there is a lot of goverment restrictions to buy dollars in my country).