**SIMS Canadian Cruiser build**

GoldenMotor.com

Ballin on a Budget

May 26, 2011
Vernon, British Columbia
Hey so got the bike out and running, riding, and pretty well dialed in so I thought Id just give you guys a quick update! It rides really well for a nearly stock motor and It is a blast to ride. After a week of head scratching and fiddling, its running well and I plan on getting alot of use out of her this summer!! So far I have done...

-66cc Blackstar Slant head
-port matched exhaust flange and gasket
-port matched intake man. and gasket
-upgraded all hardware
-custom motor mounts
-7sp. cartridge installed and ready for shift kit
-painted all brackets matte black
-pinstriped tank to break up the black a bit :)
-wrapped all cables in black hockey tape for an older "aged" look
-shortened and flipped handlebars
-shortened seat tube
-notched and trimmed rear fender for chain clearance
-bobbed front fender
-fresh wide whitewalls

I still plan on doing mods in the near future including expansion ch. exhaust, SBP shift kit, gen. head/tail lights, cylinder gas tank, mild porting, etc....the usuall. But for now this is how she sits untill I can free up some more funds. Feel free to let me know what you think and I thank everyone on here that helped me with advise during my build. You guys are all awesome and im glad to be a part of the club!

-Dan

Attachments

Ballin on a Budget

May 26, 2011
Vernon, British Columbia
just a lil update on my build progress.....

Ditched the tensioner finally.....wow so much better! Shoulda done that from the start cuz not only is it safer and more reliable, but it looks sooo much better (see pic). Also I decided to pull off the fenders which completely transformed the look of the bike to a more sporty "badazz" kinda look. Also I lowered the seat tube anothe 3" so the bike has a really low seating position and makes the bike look even longer and sleeker IMO (see pic). I built a velocity stack for the intake out of an old auto muffler tip (not installed yet) and upgraded the plug again to an NGK B6HS and replaced the plug wire with some automotive 7mm wire. Hmmmm what else.......Oh I picked up the paint for the bike and motor/accesories and I will begin disassembling/painting tomo so ill keep ya posted on that. Finally i picked up a digi speedometer more outta curiosity than braggin rights, but on flat it will pull 59 km/h (36.66 MPH for you imperial folks) so for a motor with not even quite a tank of gas through it, im pretty happy with the results of the build so far!

Ill keep updating as things are progressing.
-Dan

Attachments

Ballin on a Budget

May 26, 2011
Vernon, British Columbia
Sims Cruiser update

update....

Just added a new pipe and finally got rid of that gawdaweful ugly stock pipe! Looks cool and should tide me over till I get my SPB expansion chamber. Plus it sounds like 637 times better than the stock drilled out pipe. Really deep, mellow sound. Also started the painting process by testing out the new color (rootbeer brown) on a couple covers on my engine.
-Dan

Attachments

Last edited:

Ballin on a Budget

May 26, 2011
Vernon, British Columbia
Thanks rusty ya its unreal riding weather up here right now! No I dont need snow tires to get it out of my igloo....haha. She's comin along nicely tho, todays project is to finally do a wire tuck on it. Lookin at the pics ive posted, those wires sure make it look messy. And Ill try to post a vid of the exhaust F_rod cuz id love for ppl to hear this thing now. It honestly doesnt even sound like a 2 smoker anymore! No more "BRIIINNNGGG D-Ding Ding Ding" anymore ha ha ha. Thanks for the comments.
-Dan