"Jenny Irene" So-far

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
rear disc brakes work great....New problem has arisen..no top hat adapters available, I had planned to go with one from KINGS (shift kit is out of the budget right now) and there was another thread that kings re-funded for a sprocket adapter not delivered, I sent him an e-mail anyways. Sent Firebelly 3 e-mails asdking about their adapter with no reply. Plan B I dont want to lace in a new coaster hub so I think I am going to add caliper brakes the bike has the mount, and I can mount a 39 tooth Kings disc mount sprocket (bought last year) on the current hub, use the disc brake on the Monarch forks. Just waiting for My MM mount to order the engine!!
Cheers
Chainmaker

EDIT........
Here she is waiting for the hairpin seat I got off e-bay, and MM mount. The rear disc is off and the Kings Sprocket is on. Rear pull brakes on order. I think I am going to keep it a single speed motor and pedal-only multi-speed. She is going to be for sale when done to fund a Vintage Panther or worksman.

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Seat came today.... MM mount the other day, Just waiting for the rear caliper brakes to come, along with the forks from SportsCarPat (being held up I forgot to send Him a part) and lay-back post. Ordering a motor kit next week..not looking promising on the Balanced Pirate Motor. Probably go with a Zoom Cycles ZB80 I think its just a renamed PK-80. 2 weeks off in August for slavework around the house and installing the kit. If shes done maybe take her to the bike show August 8
[/IMG]
Cheers
Chainmaker

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
OK heres where I am I decided to dump the multi-speed, it just didnt look clean. Rear disc brake adapter not too compatible with the cruiser/skewer axel combo. So I put a set of caliper brakes on. Forks came back from Pats yesterday took a few hours to get them on with a few tweaks ( I think Im going with these forks and a front drum on the next bike) Overall some outstanding forks. I ordered a ZB80 kit this AM, just waiting for that and the lay-back post from Pat, Then I can Start the Misses 52 Spitfire.

Cheers

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
As the way things go My engine kit wont be here until the day after My vacation ends. I have been looking at the rear sprocket and realized I don't think the chain will clear the frame, the disc mount hub is pretty close...so here is the solution to that , I wasn't going to go with a drive side tensioner but in this case there wasn't an option.

Cheers
[/IMG]

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Just to update this thread , I thought I would post a couple pictures of the completed bike. I deceided to go with the stock seat instead of the hairspring for this bike, perhaps this winter I will be taking it apart and putting every-thing on a frame with rear posts for brakes, and putting a dual front disc hub on, calipers are usless. Just got a hold of some free sheet metal and next days off I might try to make some use of it and that hollow empty space above the motor.

Cheersbrnot

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited:

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
is that a racing carb? im getting the same bike and im also getting a race carb. thats a nice looking build. did you use a large front universal motor mount?

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Thanks for the compliment. The carb is the stock one that comes with the kit, I did get it breathing better with a SBP Chamber and perf. type air filter, and a Manic intake... I took the time to match the ports..... that with a 39 tooth sprocket and My 125 pounds she moves right along. I do wish I had gone with the other Schwinn model with the rear brake bosses, that's something Ill probably do this winter.

Cheers .wee.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Did you make the tensioner ?

I bought a parts kit from FireBellyCycles, its all the parts You need to make one , I would have rather just gone with a bike tensioner on the pedal side, but I needed it on the drive side for the chain to clear the chainstays. I just smoothed out the shape with my angle grinder.

Cheers

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
Thanks for the compliment. The carb is the stock one that comes with the kit, I did get it breathing better with a SBP Chamber and perf. type air filter, and a Manic intake... I took the time to match the ports..... that with a 39 tooth sprocket and My 125 pounds she moves right along. I do wish I had gone with the other Schwinn model with the rear brake bosses, that's something Ill probably do this winter.

Cheers .wee.

o ok, couldnt see the carb that well. the air filter is nice though cause it sticks out. did you notice a good amount of power and bottom/top end increase with the pipe? i am considering getting one but im not sure. where did you get the intake?

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Well I dont get around much Im pretty busy at work, but I managaed to burn only 2 tanks of fuel on the bike not even broken in Yet but shes going in for storage for the winter. Not sure what the future holds for this bike, maybe a new multi-speed frame transplant and shift kit or stretch frame transplant.

Cheers and Happy Holidays Everyone
Chainmaker