Hi, my name is Keith, I'm an aquarius,I like long moonlit walks on the beach....

GoldenMotor.com

badxampl

Apr 27, 2010
Central New York
...Anyways I am new to this thing, and have just acquired my project to base my motor bike on. I have a 1953 Schwinn Something (I was told could be a Green Phantom) which I plan a vintage boardtrack build on. This could change as the project progresses as my 6'4 frame only fits on a bicycle comfortably certain ways. I plan to do this on a budget, but build it right. Haha. Thats where you guys and your knowledge come in. I be bugging you for tips and advice. In return I will post progress and provide you with plenty of laughs for sure. I am currently building a 67 VW Fastback,so I figure working on the two simultaneously will be fairly efficient. Lotsa stripping, derusting, prepping, priming and planning to do on both. Heck, I'd better go get started.

See ya round!laff

badxampl

Apr 27, 2010
Central New York
Its actually more of just a classic frame and fork. all the extras are missing. Thats why its kinda hard to identify. It does seem to have the remains of downtube striping similar to a phantom. And I dont plan on doing anything irreperable to either the forks or frame at this point

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Welcome to the forum badxampl :D

Sounds like ya got a sweet ride in the works, the way I figure it is that unless the vintage bike is spotless and mint and so long as ya don't drill holes or chop & weld then there's no harm in givin' some crusty cruiser a second childhood (and yerself while yer at it lol). I always thought it better to use a toy than to leave it to rot away in a barn somewhere heh

Can't wait to see what ya come up with (^)

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
dude i dig the vw... i have re done(not always restored)3 bugs and 2 busses....love simplicity....lets see some pics on the vw too....my favorites where my 78 westfalia bus and my 68 bug...that bug had problems with speed bumps though...too much rake i guess...have fun with these bikes theyre a blast

badxampl

Apr 27, 2010
Central New York
Thanks, I'll post some pics of both as i go along. VW wont be resto'd either. More of a semi-custom. I like to personalize things to my taste. Very rarely to i find something I like so much I dont wanna change it!