Whats the news on NuVinci hub

GoldenMotor.com

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I have yet heard of one self destructing. I know Clotho has been using one since he bought one of our first Shift Kits over 2 years ago and to my knowledge has not had a problem. I would really like to try one but for 2 reasons, weight and cost. With the Morini the weight isn't much of an issue due to the additional horse power but it still cost the same.

Clotho

May 25, 2008
As Ghost0 says mine is still working fine. I had to replace the shift cables for it last summer as one got kinked. It was a little extra effort to find some fine enough to fit properly but the second bike shop I went to had something that works just fine.

Actually the entire bike has been working well. I haven't really had any problems except for the shift cables and a dead speedometer.

I took this pic last summer. The bike is dusty and shows a little wear and tear but is working great.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cannonfish

Apr 10, 2009
Maryland
I got my Nuvinci hooked up about 50 miles ago - so far so good, I love it.

I had a fantastic experience dealing with Fallbrook Technologies after I damaged the shifter connections on the hub during the installation. I explained what I did wrong, and they immediately mailed me about $30 of replacement parts, without even charging for it. http://motorbicycling.com/f3/fallbrook-tech-makers-nuvinci-awesome-14825.html

So I've been really impressed, they definitely stand behind their products!

Clotho

May 25, 2008
What was the hiccup on the self destructed one any link here?
There wasn't any destructed one. He hasn't yet heard of anyone breaking one.

I don't know the exact mileage on the bike. It is in storage for the winter. I would guess around 2000km or so.

Clotho

May 25, 2008

Clotho

May 25, 2008
At times... probably as much as 340 lbs. I am not a small person and I used to carry groceries etc with it.

Last edited: