Livefastmotors clamshell sprocket adapter

GoldenMotor.com

Seanik

Nov 10, 2008
Erie Pa
I had my new build out today for a test drive. It's a ladies schwinn point beach cruiser with a Titan XC50 engine. I was surprised at how easily it started and the power and low noise are a bonus. I probably didn't have the rear sprocket properly centered and the chain got too loose. I really don't like the rubber/rag sprocket attachment so I just ordered the clamshell sprocket adapter from Livefastmotors that goes on the hub between the spokes. It's a bit pricey at 65.00 but if it solves my problem well worth it. Has anyone had any experience with this adapter?

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
i have not installed one yet but i was good step in the right direction. the rag joint sprocket set is a weak link in the kit bikes. keep us posted

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Does anyone know if this adaptor will work on the front hub? One day I might want to change my front friction drive to chain drive..bld.

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
I've had one on mine for about 1000 miles now. Make sure when installing, the sprocket is centered and in line to your engine sprocket. You can use your original rubber mounts if you need more space, or you'll have to machine the adapter if you need less. Next you'll also want to purchase bigger washers as the bolt heads are just barely big enough to keep the sprocket in place. You'll have to re tighten the bolts that hold the sprocket as they come loose often. Jim only has two sizes of the clam shell. Larger hubs will need to be machined. Someone asked if it can be placed in the front and yes, it can. You'll need spacers though. I've also ordered a thiner drive sprocket so I can run a reg. bike chain to run to the rear sprocket. I do not suggest this though if you weigh more than 160Lbs. Jim from Live fast Motors is great to work with. Below is the pic of my bike and the Clam Shell Adapter. All the bikes I build have this set up. It's well balanced and easy to install. Plus, Jim offers great customer service.