Correct me if I'm wrong $1,145.35 66cc kit

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
EBAY a guy is selling a bunch of kits granted he has the right to set any price he wants However when I asked him if this was a typographical error he replied verbatim

"Dear randt3160,

hello, dear
becasue there is something wrong with the quality about this shipment
we elevated the price on purpose to prevent buyer to place order so far
hope your undersatnding
thanks

P.S. Typos are not mine I copied the ebay mail exactly as I received it as to not edit it whats so ever . The unbelievable part is HE HAS SOLD 24 of them at this crazy price can you believe that!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=201032691878
- elephantgodtattoo

80cc 2-Stroke Motorized Bicycle Bike Gas Engine Motor Kit #201032691878

Last edited:

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Someone posted something similar about another seller on Ebay. They do it intentionally because they don't have any of those particular items in stock, but don't want to remove the listing. Ebay offers sellers promos for free listings. It is a tactic used by sellers to continue to get free listings even when their inventory is depleted. The sellers make the price outlandish hoping no one will bid. As a seller, you can change the price any time you chose and it will not affect the number of items sold. Number of items sold doesn't correlate to price. I seriously doubt any one bought a kit at that price.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Cynical as I am when it comes to ebay sellers my thought is that this one was simply hoping that there would be some foolish enough to buy a China girl for that price. You see the same scams everywhere. Raise the price to some exorbitant level and hope you'll get a few suckers or uninformed to pay it.
It's why this forum is so valuable to the new builder.

Tom

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
theres all sorts of crazy listings on ebay, some for exorbitant amounts of money for the item or a cheap item with outlandish shipping...

like bigblue said its a ploy to keep receiving promos from ebay...

but on the other hand, I just saw a listing for a motor kit for 1495.99, but...it comes with a bottle of Loctite for the cheese bolts...

it says 7 sold more than 10 available...
but its funny to see them occasionally

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
EBAY a guy is selling a bunch of kits granted he has the right to set any price he wants However when I asked him if this was a typographical error he replied verbatim

"Dear randt3160,

hello, dear
becasue there is something wrong with the quality about this shipment
we elevated the price on purpose to prevent buyer to place order so far
hope your undersatnding
thanks

P.S. Typos are not mine I copied the ebay mail exactly as I received it as to not edit it whats so ever . The unbelievable part is HE HAS SOLD 24 of them at this crazy price can you believe that!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=201032691878
- elephantgodtattoo

80cc 2-Stroke Motorized Bicycle Bike Gas Engine Motor Kit #201032691878
That's funny the exact seller gave me a completely different excuse , I can't find the original message but the excuse went along the lines of they had run out of stock so he raised the price to stop buyers from purchasing but not to worry as they have new shipments soon and the price will be different and better .
Me thinks something Is fishy with this one ,it's just ashamed you can't flag or report him ,I tried and eBay stated there's no grounds to ban the advert or member

Regards Henshooter