My First Build-BGF Motor

GoldenMotor.com

Ilikemotorstuff

Apr 10, 2013
Usa
Picked this "BoyGoFast" kit up off ebay and threw it on this crappy bike I already had for the break in. Gona switch out bikes soon hopefully before installing NOS when the engines a bit older. Will post pic when off my Apple product

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Another future engine failure thread.
Don't forget a boost bottle and slick 50 so you can hit 50mph!
You want speed?, buy a Morini.
*shakes head and rolls eyes*

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
Another future engine failure thread.
Don't forget a boost bottle and slick 50 so you can hit 50mph!
You want speed?, buy a Morini.
*shakes head and rolls eyes*
That's just the most negative comment I've seen in a while... : 0

But I guess he's really just saying DONT get a Nos system/boost bottle/whatever this "Slick" is?

Ilikemotorstuff

Apr 10, 2013
Usa
its ok sandwich, maniac is probably twice my age (who in their right mind would shell out $$$ for a Morini unless they're old,excessive, and bored), of course the engines gonna blow, once NOS gets thrown into the picture its a mutual understanding that engines clock is ticking duh...im not trying to go 50mph i built a scooter for under $200 in a nation where most kids my age dont know their ass from a carb, I'm proud of that a no mystery man talking down on me will stop me from being proud of my work....it says alot about a person when they suggest liquid cooled $1000 50cc engines for a bicycle....anyways,
boost bottles are for low speed nos injection for racing and i always thought fuel additives were a gimick has anyone noticed improvement while using additives?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Well, TBH the "boost bottles" are a bit of a gimmick & the NOS kits they sell for these things are pretty much trinkets, while they work they do so only just barely - and result in a really lean condition which when combined w/the marginal power increase does spell almost certain doom for these loose tolerance/no quality control in-frame engine kits...

...which is all fine & good, they're fun in any case - but it does beg a question of math & overall goals.

If the intent is preformance vs disposable fun, which makes more sense? An in frame kit is usually around 2hp (66cc) & with NOS I'll be generous and grant a whopping 25% increase, equaling a momentary 2.5hp at very best & roasty-toasty motors, at $100 a pop for replacements it'd only take between four to six derploded to equal the purchase cost of an air-cooled morini or KTM clone, which bone stock are usually 5-6hp w/o harmful toys like dry-injected NOS...

Either way is defo fun indeed & can't say which is wrong or right as that's up to the rider... but it is food for thought ;)

mark880088

Feb 22, 2010
Springfield Illinois
So I gotta ask why nos?
Btw that thing will never run! Your missing your spark plug!
Speaking of spark plug (if you haven't already) replace the stock plug and wire with a NGK plug and automotive grade wire. That get ya a few cheap MPH. Replace the chain to if ya haven't. Those are the three best upgrades you can do. Cheap too. Oh and get rid of that stock tensioner before it kills ya. Trust me I found out the hard way! You can make your own that is safe for cheap.

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
NOS is the "kids" way of getting instant boost.
as soon as they see NOS anywhere its assumed that there's gonna be a marginal boost of some sort. not in this case, kiddo.

as stated,NOS is surely instant death for the 'ht' inflame kits... looking for a marginal boost? get an
expansion chamber or modify ur exsisting muffler system.
check in the Google search at top of the page and search for whatever u need. there's tons of topics on improving the 66cc engines
as for BGF engines, i have no experience with them,but again as stated,they do have a bad rap around here.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
You're right, I was out of line.
DON'T get an NOS kit.
DON'T get a "boost bottle"
(slick 50 is for adding to crankcase so it does not apply)
The best way to improve performance is by adding a tuned pipe and portmatching your cylinder. Wait until the engine is fully broken in to start hotrodding
As far as BGF goes, it's not the quality of his engine kits that is suspect, but his "customer service". All the china kits are pretty much the same. They ALL have quality control issues.
I get aggravated when I see a new biker getting ripped off buying useless junk that will NOT give them a 50hp bullet.
"Get off my lawn you darn kids!"