Seffner newb, hello everyone.

GoldenMotor.com

Alias

Mar 19, 2012
Seffner Florida
Well first off I'm Alias (Mark) from Seffner Florida. I joined to get some help and advice after searching through this forum for a while (which is actually my go to guide on the net now :p ). The kit that I have which is my first, I found on craigslist nearby me and bought it with a few miles on it, but pretty new and all put together.

As a newb at the time (and still am I think) I was only shown how to ride it, and a bit about the gas valve, clutch and carb lever. Ever since I've had to transfer the kit to a new bike (the chain ate the frame LOL), which isn't such a new bike then it is a beat up mountain bike, and had to get a new back tire after a while of riding it (the axle snapped in half). And some other small things I've had to get fixed or was told how to fix myself.
I recently bought a new engine because the bearings in the other one were shot. So I have it installed for the most part I think, everything in on fine except the clutch is hard to pull to pedal or move freely :/ .

I hope this post is too much for the first time :p . Hello again!.duh..duh.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Welcome aboard Don't toss your old engine you my be able to replace the bad bearings and still have a good engine. Any parts stor should be able to match the bearings for you......Curt

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa
Alias .. here's an idea that I wish I could remember who on this site gave to us, for I would thank him for it. It's an easy modification that does reduce the pull pressure of the clutch. I've put one on my two motorized bicycles. The cable holder comes off of an old brake caliper, that is brazed to a 3 in. x 1 in.x 1 in. angle iron, and the bearing is from a sliding door. You do have to put in a longer cover bolt (I used an extra rag-hub bolt from the rear sprocket)

Attachments