Cargo Trailer

GoldenMotor.com

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Anybody got one of these? I recently converted my trailer converted from a bicycle back to an MB, and miss the trailer. I looked this over very carefully in the limited pics and it looks ok. The wheel is pretty hoky in its lacing, but I have a good 16" to replace it if it gives trouble. Figure its typically cheap Chinese, sot a of a nearly finished product for me to work out the details. Hpoefully I will be surprised.http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Steel-B...036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c3401f84

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yes, agreed on the wheel part...
Yet basically, u can't build one for that price!
...not to mention the labor.
and free shipping! wow!
the bag it comes with also looks handy.
Best
rc

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
:)
chances are, if you actually USE it, it's gonna need repairs...

Good luck
rc
Yeah, I think it looks fairly good in the pics but that rear suspension may be a little weak in the knees, never know till you get one and find out though, might be better built than any of us thinks....Shrug...?

I been planning to build myself one that would look very simular to that one in design, only main difference will be how it attaches to the bike.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I found pics of this on another vendors site that were in more detail. The welding looks ok/good, that was my main concern. The rear suspension is simple with springs. If it becomes an issue it could be bolted/welded to rigid. The latches look ok, so my main point of reservation is the rear wheel, which I can work around. Will post some pics when I get it. Its a crap shoot like most imported stuff.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Here is a similar trailer from the vendor of the single wheel. Looks pretty good. I just favor single wheel trailers, so went for that version. Notice you can make an offer also. I just bought the thing as making offers can really drag it out. On most of the items I have made an offer on, it took the vendor a long time to reply.http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Red-Bla...781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f140d6cc5

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
cannonball,

that first trailer is similar to the nashbar trailer:
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_171082_-1_203148_10000_202604#ReviewHeader

I like the design on the first Ebay trailer since it has some sort of suspension - even though it's limited. While looking at motorcycle single wheel designs, most builders usually added a suspension to their designs to absorb the rode shock and to prevent structural damage. I think the Nashbar trailer would develop stress fractures over time. It has mixed reviews on the Nashbar site. The Nashbar trailer does go on sale periodically.

Nashbar does sell a two wheel cargo trailer similar to the second Ebay trailer:

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_136077_-1_202986_10000_202604

Again, I am sure it will go on sale.

Looks like the first Ebay trailer is on sale for $86.99 for 5 days.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I've been lookin' at that Croozer Trailer. Its the longest on Amazon. The only cons are: the floor is solid plastic, and some of the corners are held together by plastic.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
Every now & then Nashbar sells their single wheel trailer on-sale for $79-$99 & it looks of decent quality with good reviews.
-Lowracer-

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
this is what i made it was a aluminum yield sign from home depot 50 bucks and free kids trailer i got from a guy at work . this is only for cargo i know you can get trailers like this off crags list for 50 bones . plus bolts might cost you 110 bucks just putting it out their for people scratch their chins over .

i do like that single wheel one though very interested in the narrow profile aspect of it

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Pretty Cool! Wont have the trailer until Monday. Tracking said it was on the truck for delivery. Didnt see the little detail which was next business day(Mon.)

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Strangely thats sorta why I bought it, was running to the grocery store. I am bottle feeding goat kids now and they consume 4gal. of milk a week. I can only get(allowed) 2gal in the fridge at a time so it was two 25mi round trips a week at a fuel cost around $8. Should make the same runs now for about $1.35. Its not going to break the bank with the car, but why spend it if you dont have to. Should be useful for other errands too. If gas should really go out of sight the trailer will be a good thing to have on hand.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Got the trailer. Was well packed. Came with instructions and even a flag, albeit a cheap one. It goes from the box to a tralier in about 5min with no tools, other than a wrench to mount the hitches to the bikes axle. Wont need that if your bike uses the included skewer mount. The only giltch is the flag mount appears to be on the wrong side of the trailer frame. Or the folding frame part needs to be turned around. Not a big deal either way. The bag is form fitted to the trailer, but I havent spent the time to figure out its straps. Also it folds closed with a strap over the top, does not zip shut. The rear wheel is alloy and has sealed ball bearings instead of bike type, it has staight laced spokes which seems strange, but maybe it wont be an issue. Thats about it.

So how does it work?. It latches on very easily. For my first load I used a 58lb trolling battery. The frame handled it fine, the floor mesh didnt deform with all the weight concentrated in one spot. The suspension is killer smooth even empty. My other trailer used to bounce down my drive, you dont know this one is back there. Now 58 lbs is as much as I want to pull(88lbs is rated weight) bike was a handfull with the battery fwd, was manageable center to rear. I put a 35lb battery at the mid point and it pulled great. no input to the bike, tracked true, rode smooth. I pulled it at speeds from 10 to 24mph. Is not squirrley at any speed and feels good at higher cruise speeds.

Conclusion it is a very useable pleasant tow under 40lbs. Be cautious over 50. The construction looks fairly durable. I dont have much to compare it to as this is the only mfg trailer I have seen. Floor seems strong, like the ball bearings in the wheel. It will dismantle completely in less then 5min once you have done it. Its a great little trailer for a single wheeler. I should be able to fit all my camping gear in it as well as a good load of groceries. The wheel is the most questionable part of it, and maybe it will hang in there fine, used sensibly its not loaded that much.

Attachments