100:1 Mix

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Coryc - did you have an incident with opti2 and if so, what happened? What were the conditions/miles/mix ratio/motor setup/etc?? Inquiring minds want to know.

Many here are certainly running in temps above 80* with no issue.
I concur. We've had 15 consecutive days of mid to high 90s in Denver and I ride every day. Certainly the engine is going to run hotter at those ambient temperatures. You car engine will too but I've suffered no ill effects with my Opti-2 lubricated engines.
Give us some details of your experience.
Tom

coryc

Jun 17, 2011
bullhead city,AZ
guys, easy......i'm not bagging on the product and maybe 80* or 90* isn't the temp. tipping point. but these are small, air-cooled engines and i've siezed several dirtbike AND motorbike engines running similar products in 100+ degrees. i wouldn't run it on a new,out-of-the box,engine or even at 100:1 ratio in extreme temps....or go ahead and prove me wrong. the jug and piston kits are only 40 bucks each.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
in the last coupla years, i've ridden my bike plenty of times in 100+ weather. even ran a brand new engine from costa mesa to seal beach and back (about 75 miles round trip) at full throttle and about 90 degrees.

i figure the faster i go, the cooler the engine. gets more air-cooling, right? ;)

honestly, i've never had a bike run poorly in the heat. it usually handles it better than i do.

another side of the coin is running regular oil and a rich mixture on a hot day. it seems to me it would have a slower cooling rate due to the "thickness" of the mix, as it would be circulating at a slower rate, not to mention the "molasses" effect as the heat burnt it up.

not exactly scientific, but it sounds plausible to me.

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
talk about doom and gloom people. i have not found any negative info on opti2, here or on the web. nothing but praise. but in here just a lot of ,o it might or it could have but or it probity will some day.

i think these people have stock in BIG OIL! lol or co2 credits. and need to have BLUE smoke cumming from there exhaust pipe or pie hole? lol

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
We've had temps of over 100 degrees here in central Texas for 45+ days now, many days of 104-105 in the shade and over 120 degrees out in the sun, my bikes run great..no issues period and all are on Opti2, air is very dry and very HOT....we are in the worst drought in recorded history in Texas right now and I ride in very dusty dirty conditions as well, I live in the country and ride mainly on dusty dirt roads, Opti2 has worked great for me thus far..... I love the stuff, no smoke, runs clean, my engine make better power and torque on it.....what on earth could be wrong with all that.....?

Peace

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
I have heard said on here that these China Girls are not all the same. Maybe some can take the heat better than others. Could be.

Terry
this is a prime exampled of what i am talking about. ]I have heard said
on here that these China Girls are not all the same.

MAYBE
some can take the heat better than others

never first hand facts just my friend's, aunt's, cousin's, grandpa's, sister's, uncle's ,friend's, boss's son's girlfriend,s, friend said that they had a problem!

as Dragnet's Joe Friday would say. "just the facts ma'am just the facts"

if you do not have first hand knowledge. keep your urban legend and here say to your self.

Last edited:

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Don P: I understand what your saying but when you miss quoted me it looks like I said something that I didn't.

Good old Joe Friday, what memories! And, that does point to a good example. Only facts should be repeated. I stand corrected. :)

Terry

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
Terry
i included your full post. it stand for it's self.
i spaced them out for you. sorry did not intend to make it look like you were saying something you did not.
i did not try to miss quoted you or manipulate it in any way.

you jest happen to post as i was having a fit over the people that DO NOT use opti 2 pooping the one that do with no facts. just your lucky day.

sorry again nothing personnel.

Don P

opti 2 is like eating lay's potato chip you can't eat just one. once you use it you can't go back.

Last edited:

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
No problem Don. I understood what you were doing. I just didn't want anyone not reading the thread to think I said something I didn't. All is good on this end.

Terry

GEJoe

Mar 30, 2011
Tennessee
Any one want to buy my piston and cylinder that I had to replace from using Opti-2 according to instructions? Send me a message. I will use the rest of the Opti-2 that I bought up at the recommended mix of 40:1 and then buy no more. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Last edited:

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Any one want to buy my piston and cylinder that I had to replace from using Opti-2 according to instructions? Send me a message. I will use the rest of the Opti-2 that I bought up at the recommended mix of 40:1 and then buy no more. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Did you contact Interlube (makers of Opti-2)?
If their oil was in fact the cause of the failure, then they should pay for a new engine.