from the beginning to the bang

GoldenMotor.com

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
So I built my gt5sr on an older 80's huffy that I had found in a barn a few years ago. Spent about $500 fixing up the frame into a bad ass nexus 3 cruiser for riding around town on the sunshine days. THEN THE AWESOME HAPPENED!!! I was introduced to these motors by my brother, Reed. We built his bike then he went back to school while I built mine. After some issues with casting problems and leaks a broken cns a major chain ring issue, I got her going good with my brothers dellorto. Running a stock 44t (I put a new bolt pattern in at work so that it would fit the nexus hub adapter) stock exhaust with some minor port clean up I had her going about 40 using a cheap bell speedometer. I had her full open running great when I looked up just in time to watch a car run a stop sign right in front of me. Locked up the coaster and slid into her going pretty damn fast. I was thrown off the bike slid across the hood and broke my finger. No scrapes or nothin. Cops came gave her a ticket.... THEN gave ME one. Apparently not legal in Wausau, WI. Just a warning to all in Wausau. So now I am trying to get a hold of her so I can get her insurance info but she hasnt called me back.... go figure. Wheel, fork, and stem are toast. So now I'm going to city council to try to reform the law..... we shall see!

Last edited by a moderator:

Willy P.

Apr 4, 2011
Wausau, WI
GOOD NEWS.... I think.... I talked to the city attorney and it turns out that the law is up for review..... 2 weeks and you bet that I will be at the city hall fighting for our rights

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
Hey willy welcome. Sorry about the accident...I nearly escaped one a few weeks ago (nobodys fault, blind corner, no injuries.). I hope you get well soon. I hope that you get out of it and they legalize MB's in your state and everywhere else.

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
I didn't know Wausau had local regulations about mopeds. In Wisconsin in general, motor bicycles are legal. Are they banned outright there?