Need a tank for this bike!

GoldenMotor.com

poorboys bikes

Custom Bike Builder
Apr 18, 2010
wichita, ks
this is my new project bike that will definetely be getting a motor. Its a 1950 schwinn straight bar. Ill be blasting it and powder coating, adding dropout extensions, chopping the seat tube off the top and adding a new mount in the triangle behind the seat tube. I know ive seen custom tanks in these bikes before, so who ever makes them please let me know and add pics! Im also thinking of putting the worksman toolbox/oiltank from pirates on this frame, does anybody know if it'll fit?

Attachments

poorboys bikes

Custom Bike Builder
Apr 18, 2010
wichita, ks
Also if anyones interested in checking out my dropouts they're on my page in my photos. Im getting ready to make 10 sets for the early schwinn frames also, so if anyones interested in buyin some let me know!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I think I know where this bike is going, and I'm going to follow it. I can't help you much with the tanks, but there'll be some member chiming in soon. I don't doubt it. And there are a handful whose custom tanks I've seen pictures of, and heard tell about. I think you'll get some kind of help before too long. I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

poorboys bikes

Custom Bike Builder
Apr 18, 2010
wichita, ks
Ive been tryin to get ahold of him (pat) on facebook, with no luck, guess hes new to fb so, its ok. Im not doin much these days on my bikes. Moneys tight, and its cold outside so maybe in spring ill start hasslin him, thanks.