New High Performance Carb

GoldenMotor.com

swanman

Jul 9, 2010
Florida
I have the original carb...and just put the new High performance carb, EPA rated, on another build. It seems that when I go full throttle, it seems to bog down...almost like the carb is getting flooded. I've tried everything. Took is apart, checked the float, cleaned the needle, and of course....adjusted the idle pin, along with the air intake pin. Any ideas? Thanks!http://motorbicycling.com/images/smilies/Waa.gif

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
i dont know to much about these type of carbs on these motors since im new to this as well, but it sounds like theres not enough gas flowing through. maybe you could try adjusting the mixture screw so there is more gas flowing through the carb.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Were there clearance problems? Did you have to use an offset intake?

I'm always touting the billet intake here- a cheap solution that makes even a stock carb work great!

Also, what kind of experienes are people having with the newer NTS 66 carb?

cnodie1

Jan 27, 2010
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Is it a CNS carb?

I just recieved mine in the mail and unfortunately havent got it up and running yet (too dam hot lol) but im worried about getting it tuned correctly. I guess ill just have to give it the old college try.

Also what fuel/oil ratio are you using, im thinking of going with 100:1 or something close to it...