im....Unconventional.

GoldenMotor.com

heliotrope

Jul 5, 2008
Hay ya! my name is Josh, im form Wichita, Kansas. I have only built one bicycle and one motor bicycle. From what you guys are posting here mine is not really the same, you guys are doing the chinese engines. I hope thats not the only kind here, id love to see more! But anyway im trying to get a newer version going and am going to use a washing machine engine from the 30's to power my next one! Like the bikes ive seen here so far and cant wait to see some custom bikes with motors in them!

Josh

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I always wanted an old maytag motor to make a gocart when I was a kid. It would make a very unique motorized bicycle. Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us.............................

heliotrope

Jul 5, 2008
The washing machine motor is not a maytag, its a 1938 Briggs single @ 2/3 HP. It is mint unrestored runs perfect and all the paint and decals are still there. its pretty cool.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Photos?

I just went to an antique engine show this weekend and they had several Maytags, a few Briggs, and one opposed twin....not sure who made it but it was smoooooth.