Exhaust in upright position?

GoldenMotor.com

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Has anyone mounted their muffler in a upward position like towards the handlebars? I kinked the exhaust a bit trying to bend it on my bench vise between two wood blocks mounted on a 3ft table and yeah it didn't work out to well lol.Would there be any issues other than being louder? I can't afford a new one so hopefully I can get this to work. Thanks for any input!

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Has anyone mounted their muffler in a upward position like towards the handlebars? I kinked the exhaust a bit trying to bend it on my bench vise between two wood blocks mounted on a 3ft table and yeah it didn't work out to well lol.Would there be any issues other than being louder? I can't afford a new one so hopefully I can get this to work. Thanks for any input!

Like this????

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Yes the fumes may be a problem..Here is how I have the exhaust mounted right now,I haven't tried it out yet because its been pouring here.

Here's me unhappy because of the rain lol :(

I don't see any harm keeping the muffler like this temporary but I just wanted input.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
As they said on Monty Python, "And now for something completely different".
I admire your willingness to experiment with exhaust mounting. One of those 3/4" copper flex hoses from a water heater (Home Depot or Lowes) could be used for an exhaust extension to direct the fumes as you desire. Question everything.

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Lol at the video comments HATERS! Thanks for all of the good input & video! I took the bike for a 5 mile ride and man it runs great.I actually quite like the muffler in this position,mine is bent in the right direction the fumes etc. are not blowing into my face witch is good.If its not raining tomorrow I plan for a long ride and afterward checking the plug to make sure its not running lean or to rich.I still need a new/used muffler if anyone has a cheap spare let me know. Thanks guys