off set manifold, custom air filter

GoldenMotor.com

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Just thought I would post some pics of my work. I fabricated an off set intake manifold to solve a throttle interference issue. I then ran into some trouble fitting the stock filter next to the down tube. I took a leap, did some math using pi*r-squared and made my own filter housing. The carb orifice is 5/8" and the total of the stock filter's four tubes worked out to be just a little more than that. I bored my housing to around 3/4" to compensate for the resistance of a filter element. I will be cutting up a piece of green foam to put inside. This is not a true velocity stack but I thought the bell mouth would add character and age to the filter.

Attachments

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Sorry about the photo quality, I use my phone camera as it is always near at hand and I need to watch what I spend money on. Everyone has their own priorities. I'll get after the lens and give it a cleaning though! Thanks for the kind words about the parts.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
does a longer intake effect the performance? I have a build going on that requires a modified intake and the only solution is to bring the carb outside the frame.