Help Help

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
They mighta not been the friendliest bunch, but I bet yer "friends" on YouTube pretty much had it right...

Gawd I lothe YouTube lol

Anyhoo - yeah, with the spark plug in there's so much compression in the engine you'll not be able to turn the wheel just by pushing the bike - if you could it'd be a very bad thing as it'd be truly broken lol. I weigh about 190lbs and even with my full body weight on the bike, pedaling madly - my back wheel will often skid, sometimes up to a coupla feet before the engine starts to turn over.

Engine compression is a wonderful thing :D

Put it all back together, if yer missing just one clutch cover screw you'll be fine (get another one from a hardware store when you can), give it some fuel mixed no more than 24/1 with a good 2stroke oil, pull in that clutch, pedal like a madman, snap the clutch out - but keep pedaling.

It'll fire up sooner or later, they're a bit stubborn when new - just keep at it ;)

Last edited:

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
Hey There Ive Got It All Together I Got My Chain Fixed And Stuff But I Lost One Of The Screws To My Clutch Cover...when I Move The Bike Forward With The Spark Plug Out It Moves But When I Put It In The Tire Wont Move At All...
Are You Related To Neat Times? I Love That Guy!

Better take one of the screws from your magneto cover because the ones in your clutch cover are MUCH more important. :eek:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
mag cover and clutch cover are not the same size. one missing bolt isn't a big deal on the clutch
cover. You can get the metric screws at most stores that sell fasteners just take one that will fit the
spot that you need with you to compare so you get the right size.
the cover on the clutch armor the cover that covers the front sprocket has only 3 screws 2 are the same length the one that fits the top right side is longer so it doubles as the front mount for the chain guard. these screws need to be in place so the clutch arm will work properly if you loose one it will still work but I'd replace the missing one as soon as possible. any screw holding the engine together needs to be replaced as soon as possible if they loose out you'll get a crank case leak that isn't a good thing.
You need to pull in on the clutch if you want the rear wheel to free wheel with the spark plug in and the clutch lever not pulled in your bike is in the run mode.
You might want to put the spark plug into the spark plug wire too as it might not be good to fire the ignition with no place for the spark to go. unless you are holding in on the kill switch or disconnect the wiring so no power is going to the cdi.
the spark has to go some where either out of the cdi to ground or it can burn out the cdi by throwing the spark into its components etc.

Last edited: