ong time tinkerer 1st time bike/motor converter

GoldenMotor.com

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Hello everyone,Kip here.I've just joined this forum as I've found a new hobby.I've been a tinkerer all my life.I've built custom harleys and many tadpole motorcycles.Resently I got the itch to build a tadpole bicycle so I cobbled some parts from 3 different bike together and have had so much fun riding it around my wife asked me if I would build her a bicycle with a motor on it,as she has a bad knee she worried that if she went to far she would'nt be able to make it back and the motor would get her home.So I ordered a motor kit and bought a bike.1 week later recieved the motor kit the next day I could'nt believe the thrill I got the first time I peddled that bike and popt that clutch and that little pea shooter came to life!
I look forward to contributing to this forum and enjoying the projects that others have built.
I just turned double knickles but feel like 15 cents.Lata.Kip

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Welcome to the forum Kip. I took up this hobby after retireing as a machinist for 37 years. It has been an absolute blast. I built six Motorized bikes the first winter. I to built one for my wife (A chopper bike) and she absolutly loves it.
Beware this hobby can be very addicting.

John

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. These motor bikes provide plenty of opportunity to use your skills and imagination.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Kip,.
Welcome, You've come to the right place, plenty of tinkerers here. Believe what the other guys said, these things are like potato chips. You'll have a blast. After you've posted a few times send us some photos of your build. We like to see what others are doing. have fun, ride careful.
Tom