blown motorized bike carnage!

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Style is less important than proper installation. This is one of the things I check when I de jug new kit engines for prep.
Rings, circlips fully seated, poor chamfering in cylinder port openings are all possible sources of disaster.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
There are two differant style clips out there for these engines. IME it can get confusing because folks will pipe in having seen a different clip on their stuff. The style I use is http://i.ebayimg.com/t/NOS-Yamaha-CirClip-YT60-QT50-PW50-MJ50-LC50-93450-11021-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/XiYAAOxyoA1RUVkv/$T2eC16VHJHQE9nzEymDqBRUVkui((!~~60_35.JPG

Part number 93450-11021 clip

Now some of the retailrs have this style clip sold in their engines shipped with them. There is another style kinda like a hog tail shape ''wish I had a picture of one'' I will never play with again lol

Last edited:

Thunderhead289

Jul 2, 2013
an iowa corn field
HA I HATE when I say anywho and how I end my youtube videos with there you have it. . . . iannoy the crap pout of myself with that and the more I try to not say it the more I say it! ahh!

to clarify, I have no problem with the wristpin retaining clips, if they are seated, they will be fine- when I refer to the rings failing I mean the piston rings. hence the carbon on the sides of the rings showing immense blowby

so I have been running the cheapo walmart stuff (didn't care cuz I always thought the bike kit was cheapo anyhow) but now I might get more serious seieng as how I rather have enjoyed my rides

was looking into the lucas brand of two stroke. I have always had good results with their products in automobiles.

anyone run that oil?

im still trying to stay on the cheaper side of oil with this bike.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
thanks for always throwing some good advice out there map
You're welcome, on here just the mention of oil brands can open up a debate sometimes, there are several good oils on the market and we all swear by what we like and has worked best for us, I just stay with what works for me once I find what Im confident with, several others on here also sing the praises of Opti2 @ ratios from 70:1 - 100:1 its proven to be an excellent oil for many years in the tool rental business, some things on the market have lots of fluff behind them with no long term track record to prove their value, Opti2 aint one of them, its proven with solod results to be a top of the line 2 smoker oil and that cant be denied.

These loose built engines need all the help they can get in my opinion so why not use an oil thats proven to provide superior protection over many others is my thinking.

Map
.wee.