Annoying People.......

GoldenMotor.com

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
@epicboy

son please i sure hope you aint directing that comment at me man

i could care less about being pestered about my bike i just noticed people dont seem so interested anymore

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
People are constantly yelling to me when I ride by them.
I have a full face helmet and loud expansion chamber, do you really think I can hear what the heck they are saying?
What am I supposed to lock up the brakes and turn around just for some a-hole punks?
I don't want the attention.
I don't want to answer a bunch of stupid questions.
I am not the spokesperson for this hobby.
I don't even believe in promoting this hobby.
I think the fewer people with these bikes, the better.
Too many idiots, too much attention by the general public and ultimately the law.
Our time riding legally is gonna end when enough loosers who have lost their drivers licenses
get hold of these things as a form of transportation and start getting killed.
I can already decipher the mentality of a lot of the new young guys out there who just want to see how fast they can make a bike go. With little mechanical ability and little common sense.
Oh yeah I'm annoyed.
Maybe I'm just getting older and less tolerant to stupidity.
Either way leave me alone when I'm riding.
TIM
I could've written most of this.xct2

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I don't mind answering questions. The people who annoy me are the ones who tell me what I need to do with my bike. You know the type, they have never seen a motorized bicycle before, but they are suddenly an expert. Idiots.

The other, slightly less annoying ones are the people who ask you how much an engine kit costs and $130 is "WAY TOO MUCH!!! OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO HAVE AN ANEURYSM!!!". One guy I talked to just assumed that for the outrageous price of $130, the seat, headlight, tail light, my helmet, my jacket, and speedometer would all be included. laff
I used to say it cost $400 for my Staton friction drive. "I could buy a moped!:They'd say.

Now I tell them it cost $1K. Think what they like.

I've heard complaints of "Cheating!" from women. I yell back that this is transportation, not exercise.xct2

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina
i git asked questions about everytime i ride sumwhere. 1 of the main places i git asked at iz the walmart here lol. u name it i been asked. my fav 1 iz when this guy asked me''does walmart sell those kits?'' i said nope..walmart dont have everythang and i rode off lol. aint had no 1 sit on my MB with asking me cause i always have it locked to sumthing when i aint on it :)

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
After enough did I get that at Wallmart questions. I just wanna tell them yeah their only a 150 dollars at Wallmart engine and all their on sale right now!:D lol.
Naw I don't do that tholaff
Then I send them here and have to briefly tell them what is a good bike and what is a bad one and all. The silly stuff that inevitable gets broken on a cheap bike and will need upgraded. ''Depending'' if they want to ride it a lot and very hard and all. I try to steer them to a good bike if I can.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Seriously your complaining - do you have a vagina? come on guy...
What do you ride guy? Do you even know what anyone is talking about with wanting to be left alone? Or People messing with your ride while you go in for a beer, coming out and having some dou chebag or whatever sitting on your ride breaking things?

Sure its nice to be asked a good question once in a while. But I can understand people not wanting irresponsible idiots as the spokespeople for all of our rides. Laws get written on how many people get ran over on what machines, look at snowmobiles and dirtbikes, and pocket bikes...

I've got to say, there' aren't many 16yr olds I would even lend my lawnmower to.

So quit raggin' on a rider because he has an opinion, who the **** are you?

GTFO.

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Nov 9, 2010
South Carolina
I was asked last night, "It's 31 deg,,,,,Why didn't you just take your car??" I said, while smilling "Because, this thing is so much fun,, and at 31 deg,, my beer is still cold when I get home." Then rode off, still smilling.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Occasionally I ride my Whizzers or motorbicycles to the Adams Avenue Donut Shop where there's several hundred vintage and custom vehicles every Saturday morning. The two amd three wheeled bikes usually park right on the corner of the shop in a large group and the cars cover the parking lots. It's really crazy but the motorbicycles get more attention than the high dollar cars. Most of the people there looking know the rules and keep their hands off, but one time a photo nut tried to back a bike out in the open to take some pictures. The owner was walking the lot checking out the cars. The other guys standing around told him to wait and ask the owner. Too bad you can't get that kind of protection at every stop you make.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
hey, i've been to that donut shop before. i was riding to goldenwest swapmeet and saw a few whizzers so i stopped. one of the whizzer guys pretty much snubbed me, telling another guy my bike was "cheap chinese junk."

kinda made me laugh, considering the state of his bike, and the fact that i blew passed them a few minutes later doing about 45mph...

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
hey, i've been to that donut shop before. i was riding to goldenwest swapmeet and saw a few whizzers so i stopped. one of the whizzer guys pretty much snubbed me, telling another guy my bike was "cheap chinese junk."

kinda made me laugh, considering the state of his bike, and the fact that i blew passed them a few minutes later doing about 45mph...
Yeah, I hung out with those Whizzer guys long enough to collect parts and build a few. Some of them think way too much of their stuff. I don't care what you're riding. I look at the work and workmanship that went into the build and appreciate anything on two wheels. Here's a photo of some of the bikes at the donut shop.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
wow that guy was sitting on the bike huh? i woulda been pissed too.
I was very upset when I caught the maintenance man riding my old pedal bike. "It wasn't locked." was his excuse. I forgot the lock, but had run the chain thru the wheel. Passersby couldn't tell. I returned w/the lock two hours later and caught him test riding my bike in the parking lot. He intended to take the bike.

I reported him, and the 45yo Philipino immigrant lost his job.

All for a 12yo bike I'd gotten for free.

liukang1

Oct 14, 2010
Virginia
I was asked last night, "It's 31 deg,,,,,Why didn't you just take your car??" I said, while smilling "Because, this thing is so much fun,, and at 31 deg,, my beer is still cold when I get home." Then rode off, still smilling.
laff awesome very true, i support your reaction 100%

Schwinn the Fox

Aug 13, 2010
Stafford Springs, CT
If I walked out of a Seven Eleven with a slurpee and I saw someone on my Motorized 1976 Schwinn Fastback, of course I would be upset. If it was a little kid, the I dont think I would be that mad... I would kinda think its cute as long as he dosn't accidentally rip the fuel line off trying to climb onto the seat. But if there just some random guy sitting on my bike, heck yea I would get mad. "What do you think your doing?? Did you build it?? Did you spend your money trying to fix the broken magnito?? I didnt think so!" Then I would ride away with my slurpee in my water bottle holder.