Is this a Colson or what?

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
This is a skip tooth 24" bike. Seat,bars and pedals only none original parts.It is missing the headbadge so I have no clue.Would like to know year,make etc.

Attachments

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
it's a Hiawatha. early 40's

fromDave's Vintage Bicycles hiawatha.htm :

Hiawatha brand bicycles were sold by the Gambles Hardware stores. Most Hiawatha bicycles were manufactured by the Cleveland Welding Company or the Shelby Manufacturing Company, however some were made by Murray of Ohio and Huffman Mfg. The most sought after Hiawatha bicycle is the late 1930's Arrow model, built by Shelby. It featured extreme styling and was similar to the Shelby Airflow model.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I picked up a 1939 Hiawatha ladies model last summer for free. Wish it was a mens instead, but has very different and interesting fender brackets. I'm hanging on to it in hopes of finding a men's frame of the same year. The front fender has a cool little Indian head ornament with "Hiawatha" on it.
SB

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Thanx for ALL the info and photos on the bike.It does have enough room for a engine kit. I was going to keep it for a cruiser but then I took it out for a ride this past summer.Well lets just say I like a bike with a motor or a few gears...these days!