Hello from germany

GoldenMotor.com

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
Hello folks !

my name is Thomas and i come from the northern of germany. I'm 43 years old and one of my favorite hobbys is restoring of vintage bicycles. Since 2 years i am special interested in motorized bicycles, i am driving a 1950's Victoria bicycle with a 1954 Zuendapp Combimot. This engine has 49 ccm and 1,5 hp and it will run ca. 30 mph. Now i've get an engine-kit at ebay-germany, but there are no spareparts or any informations about this engine. So i haved googled a lot of time and thats what i found, was this community ! Nice to see more motorized bicyclefreaks on this planet !
Sorry for my simply english, but it's a long time ago since i'ved learned it in school.....

Thomas

Derks420

May 30, 2010
Central New Jersey
Willkommen zum fourm! Irgendwelche der Verkäufer, die auf den Seiten des Aufstellungsortes verzeichnet werden, verkaufen Ersatzteile und fahren in Verbindung stehende Einzelteile rad.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Hello folks !

my name is Thomas and i come from the northern of germany. I'm 43 years old and one of my favorite hobbys is restoring of vintage bicycles. Since 2 years i am special interested in motorized bicycles, i am driving a 1950's Victoria bicycle with a 1954 Zuendapp Combimot. This engine has 49 ccm and 1,5 hp and it will run ca. 30 mph. Now i've get an engine-kit at ebay-germany, but there are no spareparts or any informations about this engine. So i haved googled a lot of time and thats what i found, was this community ! Nice to see more motorized bicyclefreaks on this planet !
Sorry for my simply english, but it's a long time ago since i'ved learned it in school.....

Thomas
Willkommen auf dem Motor bicycling.com zuendappman.

Bitte teilen Sie einige Bilder von Ihrer Victoria Fahrrad mit eine 1954 Zündapp Combimot.

Haben Sie schon das Forum Abschnitt Board Tracker und Vintage Motorisierte Fahrräder. Dieser Abschnitt ist für Vintage-Enthusiasten teilen Sie Ihre Bord trackers und andere motorisierte Fahrräder Oldtimer Ideen und baut hier und Repliken.

Meine (2.) zweiter Favorit ist das Forum Abschnitt Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorisierte Fahrräder. Dieser Bereich ist für die gemeinsame Nutzung aller über unsere eigene Strecke Cruiser und Chopper motorisierte Fahrräder.

Hier ist der Link zu einer meiner Stretch Cruiser baut mit 2-Takt-Motor klicken Sie auf unten stehenden Link und check it out, wenn Sie möchten:
http://motorbicycling.com/f40/chrome-stretch-cruiser-completed-customer-9810.html

Nachdem Sie hier im Forum posten insgesamt drei (3) Zeiten können Sie Bilder und mehr legen können, müssen Sie drei (3) Beiträge dieses getan wird, um Spammer aus Kot Beitrag im Forum zu verhindern.

Wieder begrüßen, und ich freue mich auf deine Bilder der Victoria Fahrrad mit
Eine 1954 Zündapp Combimot.

Peace Crazy Horse, die halb Deutsch und halb indianischer motorisiertes Fahrrad Builder!

Attachments

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Willkommen auf dem Motor bicycling.com zuendappman.

Bitte teilen Sie einige Bilder von Ihrer Victoria Fahrrad mit eine 1954 Zündapp Combimot.

Haben Sie schon das Forum Abschnitt Board Tracker und Vintage Motorisierte Fahrräder. Dieser Abschnitt ist für Vintage-Enthusiasten teilen Sie Ihre Bord trackers und andere motorisierte Fahrräder Oldtimer Ideen und baut hier und Repliken.

Meine (2.) zweiter Favorit ist das Forum Abschnitt Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorisierte Fahrräder. Dieser Bereich ist für die gemeinsame Nutzung aller über unsere eigene Strecke Cruiser und Chopper motorisierte Fahrräder.

Hier ist der Link zu einer meiner Stretch Cruiser baut mit 2-Takt-Motor klicken Sie auf unten stehenden Link und check it out, wenn Sie möchten:
http://motorbicycling.com/f40/chrome-stretch-cruiser-completed-customer-9810.html

Nachdem Sie hier im Forum posten insgesamt drei (3) Zeiten können Sie Bilder und mehr legen können, müssen Sie drei (3) Beiträge dieses getan wird, um Spammer aus Kot Beitrag im Forum zu verhindern.

Wieder begrüßen, und ich freue mich auf deine Bilder der Victoria Fahrrad mit
Eine 1954 Zündapp Combimot.

Peace Crazy Horse, die halb Deutsch und halb indianischer motorisiertes Fahrrad Builder!

What he said (Crazy German Horse).....and welcome! dnut

Oh, I like motorized bicycles, BMW's and a good German Bock!

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum, zuendappman.
Lots of good folks here to learn from and share with. Your English is just fine.

Crazy Horse,
What a sweet bike that is. What is it? Nice lines, clean and efficient, interesting gas tank, built in headlight, belt drive. I like it.
SB

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
Hi !
Thanks for the nice welcome ! I've spended some times in this forum and now i know, how to post some pictures....the zuendapp combimot engine is a 2-stroke with 49 ccm and 1,5 hp at 3800 rpm. This type is a KM50, a very rare engine, most of them in 1954 where built in "Mopeds", and only a few was sold as build-on engines for bicycles. My engine is unrestored and runs quick and perfect as back in '54. This engine version is a chaindrive, also they where available with beltdrive. The bicycle is a 28" Victoria, built in the same time as the engine, i've restored this bike, because it was very rusty.
I have the hubs itself spoken in, in front a drumbrake and at rear a very old hub from the 1930's, 'cause the original hub from the engine was lost. The tank is brass handicraft from a guy, who is specialized in these things. The most parts of the bicycle are NOS or very good used.

Attachments

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
sorry, but there are no relations to the russian motors, the ignition and the clutch are to different.
The zuendapp has 2 coils, one for ignition and one for light on that bike.
the zuendapps only built in 1953 to 54, it's a very late representative in the german pre-WWII motorized bicyle-history. Some years earlier there are the Victoria FM38, REX frontengine, Flink and some more. In 1955 came the new class of Mopeds and no more want to drive that old bicycle engines.
It's possible, that some russian engines find a way to germany, but only in the eastern (german democratic republic) part of this country. Maybe some russian soldiers took them from there home as they was stationed in the cold-war in germany's eastern.

Last edited: