Belt drive belt and pulley idea.. Will it work?

GoldenMotor.com

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
I was just thinking.. Probably gaseous thoughts but hey.. It might work alright? The only problem I can think of is that it might skip once per turn due to belt not being cut right. See image.

drn2

I am thinking about weed wacker builds.

Attachments

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I was just thinking.. Probably gaseous thoughts but hey.. It might work alright? The only problem I can think of is that it might skip once per turn due to belt not being cut right. See image.

drn2

I am thinking about weed wacker builds.
roadkill,

This will be the dictionary definition of futile.

If you can accurately describe what type of set-up you want to build, I can probably help. I don't mind sharing drawings, names of suppliers etc.

Jim

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
Whizzer's have used v-belts since their introduction back in the 1940's and have worked pretty wheel for them. As for a source for various pulleys and acc. I always first check McMaster-Carr Also Memory Lane Classics has reproduction Whizzer type sheaves in two different dia. and materials as well as a whole host of other whizzer parts available

ocscully

Flight Risk

Jan 25, 2010
I'm thinking the front pulley will need to be twice the diameter of the sprocket so that the belt can form around it , so the rear pulley will need to be larger also. I don't even think you need the nubs as the belt should get traction if tensioned correctly.

RS