what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
i dont think you want one of those look how tiny the tires are you will kill your butt and losten every tooth in your mouth check out the schwinn midway its a 29" with nice tires and there steel they run about 149.00 at walmary and the best thing they ship for free right to your door the delivery guys hate me i buy bikes 3-4 at a time and thats just about every two or three days then thats not even the poor UPS guy bringing me 10 motor kits at a time its cheaper to buy in bulk so i but 10 http://motorbicycling.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78351&d=1433650769 my ulility room is stacked as you can see and i had to rent a storage unit for the bikes i have 4 of them right now in my front room or should i say my shop LOL my bad ass chrome bike is in the middle of my kitchen

Last edited:

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Did some ebay shopping and got me a really cool frame to transfer all my parts to so I can replace my cracked frame with a full suspension frame... I've been looking for a good full suspension frame with an open front triangle for easy engine installation and this specialized just got my attention... http://www.ebay.com/itm/261915582302?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Hopefully I can make time to get my front end and other parts transfered over to this frame then put my engine back in so I can rip it up to the taco shop in the mornings again...
That is a cool frame & should make an interesting build. I wonder about full suspension every time I hear the seat springs go 'crunch'. I think some mtn bikers would consider that a collectable.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Some of the older 90's full suspension frames are collectable or very hard to find... I was looking for a proflex frame but the only one I saw that could accept motorizing easily is still selling for nearly $500, but well worth it. I was also looking for an older GT LTS frame but those are also really hard to find as just a frame, and will still cost around $200 for one in rebuildable condition. I guess I just got lucky to get that Specialized frame i just got for that price, but when I see stuff like this I have to jump on it if I got the funding because they sell so quickly...

Here's one I just found but it's up for bid if anyone's interested... a very nice GT LTS with about a day and a half remaining, the current bid is only about $27 right now but that's sure to go up when it comes closer to ending. I'm not going to bid on this one so if anyone wants a really nice dual suspension frame that's real easy to motorize, here's a chance to own one of the best motorizeable dual suspension frames... The seller is also including the Rock Shock so good luck bidding if anyone wants to try for it.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMG-RARE-GT...883e9c&pid=100013&rk=5&rkt=30&sd=261915582302

Here's that Proflex I've been keeping my eyes on... This one is still kinda pricy, but still a good deal since it comes with the Girvin/ Noleen front end that's worth around $200 alone... Just replace the worn out polymers with real springs or do like I did on mine and replace the front polymer with a go kart shock and a mountainbike spring.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/281551009412 These Proflex bikes with the open triangle frames are really hard to find complete enough to rebuild.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
building another huffy fresno that has the huge spokes, but also a huge spoke ring on the hub that has greater diameter than the largest 9-hole sprocket - last one, I elongated all 9 holes in the sprocket, then had to do same to all 9 holes in the metal bracket that goes inside

this time, I tried grinding 9 3/16in dimples in the spoke ring which turned out to be less work - I think I'll build more of these this way as the fat spokes are nice & dual line brakes work well, and the frame is so small for a 26in bike that it nullifies the vibrations really well

EDIT: typo there where it should have read 3/32 rather than 3/16

Last edited:

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Today the ol' soldier never even came out of the stable. Earlier, I found a package on my porch containing my SR Suntour XCR front end. Consequently, time spend today concerning motorbicycles centered around fooling with the prerequisites concerning mounting, along with doing a bit of polishing.
There's no shine like Mothers!

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Today the next build gets going. I've dug through boxes of parts & discovered I have nothing to add a crank & pedals to THIS frame. An entire crate of 3 & 1 piece crank parts, but it didn't occur to me I'd need press in parts.
This has been a great opportunity to organize all my junk.

Attachments

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
well this is the bike finally done i have over $1,300 in it not including my time paint and trips to the hospital LOL just kidding on the last one but this thing is scary fast im passing bikes that are fully broke in and im only at half throttle i just downloaded the speedometer for my phone so tomorrow i will do a short full throttle run to see what she has now then after two tanks of gas ill really see what she can do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my bike complete.jpg

my tank done.jpg

my bike done.jpg

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Not exactly my style, but I gotta say Wow when I see something that nicely done... Everything matches up really nicely and those red billet covers really set it apart from most builds... Very Well Done!!!

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
thank you it took almost 2 months from start to finish only because i had to send parts back because they were not up to my standards if im paying good money i expect good products!!! the only thing i would change is the grips and throttle i think ill buy a set of red ones to set the whole thing off even thinking about red cable covers instead of that black same old same old sets

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yeah... the red cables would really set it off... You can get the cable housing in a lot of different colors and cut to size pretty easily, but I still need to find a good source for the little chrome end caps for that finished look. The build I'm doing now is going to be black with lime green accents so I'm going to do all my cables in lime green and most likely the spark plug wire as well if there's enough black in that area to show it off really well.
I've been thinking about getting the same billet engine covers you got on yours but sandblast them clean and powder coat them to match the bike, I've already powder coated a lot of the small billet parts I plan on using and it's getting a little easier each time I break out the equipment

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
@drbs, just finished salvaging one like that from the junk pile

diffs are that it has the shock absorber seat & 5-speed shifter frame mounted from I think the 60s - also got the big exhaust working for serious torque

took over 4 days to straighten all bent parts, but sold it for $440 a couple days ago, will post a pic tomorrow

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
i found the cable covers and the ends on e-bay just waiting till i get another bike sold so i can buy more for mine mine all mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
well this is the bike finally done i have over $1,300 in it not including my time paint and trips to the hospital LOL just kidding on the last one but this thing is scary fast im passing bikes that are fully broke in and im only at half throttle i just downloaded the speedometer for my phone so tomorrow i will do a short full throttle run to see what she has now then after two tanks of gas ill really see what she can do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! View attachment 78411

View attachment 78412

View attachment 78413
My goodness, that is purdy! My only real issue with that would be parking it somewhere in a breeze & having it blow over. That would be tantrum time.:-||

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
The ol' soldier has a center stand that has proven MUCH more dependable than the bicycle kickstand it replaced. Eventually, I'll probably order one for my current project.
I just got done ordering what I believe are the parts necessary for my crank. Posting dimensions to parts seems to be an issue with some of these after-market suppliers, and answering email inquiries is another matter where several are lagging.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
rainy today, so pic is bad - can barely see shocks at bottom of seat stays and shifter in front of tank is hard to see too

sting.jpg

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
got it outside to get a better pic - shifter is still hard to see, but shocks & disk are visible now

this thing takes off from a standing start like a motorcycle, no pedaling & runs uphill at 35-40mph without slowing noticeably - could easily run a 41T or 36T sprocket
sting.jpg

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Assembled the road bike I got and now it's time to decide which engine I'm going to put in it... I got a really nice super rat built for speed and I got my old engine out of my mountain bike that took me over the 40mph mark consistantly, I removed that engine to do some minor maintenence on the bike and discovered a cracked frame, was going to weld in some fresh metal but decided to move all my good parts over to a new frame... my frame for that project also came in today so I'm prepping it for paint so I removed the shock from the swing arm,took the spring off the shock to remove the powder coat so I can powder coat it in the color I want it to be, the rear triangle is already black and looks good so it's gonna stay that way, but the front triangle was originally white and has its share of scratches and faded decals ,so it will be repainted, then everything else will be transferred from the mountain bike to the new frame.
I got 3 engines ready so this one will get a nice fast one too as well as a modded kx65 pipe and 18mm mikuni carb.