Motorbicycling.com Member Map of Motorized Bicycle Enthusiasts

GoldenMotor.com
May 9, 2012
Jackson, TN
Re: Motorbicycling.com Member Map

I added myself! Anyone else in the Jackson, TN area? (I don't see anyone on the map...not within comfortable MB riding distance that is...)

My first build is gonna be built within a couple weeks...waiting on parts to ship lol :)

mandomadness

Jul 12, 2012
denver, co

im in desperate need of a mechanic. so i changed out my old chain tensioner for a new spring loaded tensioner that turned out to be crap. now i cant re install my old chain tensioner with the proper amount of tension. i em seeking a motorized bike mechanic to properly re install it for me asap, i will pay $. im in the Denver area, pleas help

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ

im in desperate need of a mechanic. so i changed out my old chain tensioner for a new spring loaded tensioner that turned out to be crap. now i cant re install my old chain tensioner with the proper amount of tension. i em seeking a motorized bike mechanic to properly re install it for me asap, i will pay $. im in the Denver area, pleas help
If you are having that many chain issues it is NOT the tensioner.
Tensioners will NOT correct a poor sprocket mount or any other issue.

In my years I have seen dozens of other peoples builds and 80% of any chain issues are because of that rear sprocket as that is the hardest thing to get right.
10% is because of a bend rim or shot hub bearings (very common on Huffy type cheap bikes), 5% because of a bad chain, and the last 5% is motor sprocket related issues or a poor motor mount.

In short don't try to work around a problem with a band aid, find and and fix the root cause.

Quick checks:
From the side of your bike hold the frame with one hand and push your back wheel side to side, does it move? Then it's your hub.

Then in the same position hold the frame and grab your motor and try to push it side to side, I don't mean nudge it either, I mean shove it hard, does it move? Then it's your motor mount.

All good? then look at the alignment from the sprocket to the motor, do they line up? if not the sprocket is too far in or out.
Is that good too? Then spin the wheel and look at the side of the sprocket, does it have side to side or up and down wobble (chain gets tight then loose)? The sprocket isn't mounted right.

I have big lungs so I can scream this a lot before I get blue in the face...

TENSIONERS DO NOT FIX MECHANICAL PROBLEMS!​

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Loaded fine here too Dave.

Man it is growing! I haven't looked at it in a bit. Really cool and thanks for putting it together.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Markers load fine using the app although I've entered my data at least three times and I'm not on the map. I do exist or perhaps I just take up space.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Edit; I just looked Harold and didn't see your name. Maybe a time thing?

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Its working for me now? Must have just been my service.

Harold_B
Markers load fine using the app although I've entered my data at least three times and I'm not on the map. I do exist or perhaps I just take up space.
Yeah I don't see you either? If you would like I can give it a try and add you to the map.

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany

LOL, Dan,

i've seen, there is my old name "zuendappman" on the map, please change it to Zman, so it's possible for you^^