what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I went to put a final coat of paint on a tank today. While adusting the position of it so I could get the right angles for the final passes, it fell off the paint hook, bounced down two steps, and landed in the mud. I wiped off the worst of the wet muck, but now it's back to square one there. I was going to finish a small touch-up on the frame, then found that while the spray can seems to have paint left, it has no propellant left. Now I need to go get another can of paint.... *sigh*...
Thank God, I thought it was only me that had day's like that. Sorry about yer problems, But I've had days when I painted something, DROPED IT, painted it again and DROPED IT again. Thought it was just me. The mud was a nice touch though.
fatdaddy.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

Once in a while I'm lucky enough to find out in advance, it's one of those days.. today, not so much. So, next weekend I'll have to sand it all down and start again.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

CT,
That's worse than rotten luck. I guess we've all be through it but that doesn't make it any easier for you.
Have to agree with fatdaddy that the mud is a touch above the ordinary. It says Vancouver in the winter time perfectly.

Steve.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.

Well since I'm not going for the freshly painted look and going found in the barn look I don't have to worry about dropping it in the mud. laff

Sorry just had to do it...

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut

Put my rickety chain tensioner back on after trying to fabricate a"bridge" tensioner that failed the moment it was installed... I did however prep my bike and tensioner for welding tho...hope this rain stops so I can ride...cold is one thing, cold rain is a whole other demon...

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

I finally got a chance to sand down my suspension forks and slap a coat of paint on them. They are hanging in the sun drying as I post. This old man is fixin to have a little softer ride. The solid Schwinn forks I am using now are OK, they work just fine, BUT THEY ARE SOLID.
These are the forks Ocho Ninja found on craigslist for me. They were PINK and Ocho thought they would look great on my bike, I had to disagree and painted them blue.
fatdaddy.

Attachments

jimmymc2286

Nov 26, 2012
Indiana

I put a #68 jet in my 66cc today and took it for a 15 mile ride. The longest one yet. The smaller jet helped smooth out the engine and picked up a little power. Going to run it like this for a gallon or two then go to a #66 jet. I think that will be just abought right. Still has a lot of four cycle in it. but it still needs a little more breakin time.
I also put a flying Horse kit on my nephew's bike this evening. He rode it home as happy as he could be.

Jimmy

larry57

Mar 20, 2012
st james ctiy ,fl

INSTALLED A NEW HIGH COMP. HEAD I GOT FROM PIRATE CYCLES ON A GRUBEE GT-5 ,,ITS A MUST HAVE IF YOUR RUNNIG A GRUBEE GT-5 ,BIG DIFFERENCE IN PERFORMACE,,AND IT SEEM'S THE MOTOR IS SMOOTHER ?ALSO INSTALLED A PIRATE CYCLE ADAPTER AND 36 TOOTH SPROCKET ,,BETWEEN THE HEAD AND SPROCKET ,,,I GOT A SMOOTH OPERATOR ,reddd

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

Tightened my headset a little, and found one of my multi-tools, then put my hands on the grips and made vroom-vroom noises, anticipating next time I get to go for a cruise.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA

Lost Tools re-found?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/03/central-subway-north-beach_n_2233239.html#slide=more205393

Here is a link about a Central Subway being built is San Francisco. 1.6 Billion Dollars and maybe 8 Million Dollars to add another station to take the tool (Tunnel Drill) out of the ground.

They only go forward. If not able to buy for 8 million land space to remove the drill, the Tunnel Drill will be buried to remain in the ground.

Years may pass and some one finds the drill and says who left this here?

Finders Keepers?

MT

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.

Lost Tools re-found?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/03/central-subway-north-beach_n_2233239.html#slide=more205393

Here is a link about a Central Subway being built is San Francisco. 1.6 Billion Dollars and maybe 8 Million Dollars to add another station to take the tool (Tunnel Drill) out of the ground.

They only go forward. If not able to buy for 8 million land space to remove the drill, the Tunnel Drill will be buried to remain in the ground.

Years may pass and some one finds the drill and says who left this here?

Finders Keepers?

MT
From what I remember about these machines they can back up a short distance, but are not made to back up the distance that they bore the total tunnel. They go to the end that they want to bore and then they many times back them up a little and bore a side tunnel and leave it there to rust away.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Painted my suspension forks yesterday and got them almost installed. A customer showed up so I didn't quite finish. If it don't rain too much today I'll get out there, finish it up and snap a pic.
fatdaddy.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut

took my back wheel off today after hearing my bearings squealing yet again...after removing the cone nut i noticed the retaining washer that is grooved to let the bearings spin was bent and twisted...i also noticed my back sprocket was slightly off...hope that didnt ruin my rear wheel...off to the bike shop 18 miles away on foot...and its drizzling here...yay...

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

took my back wheel off today after hearing my bearings squealing yet again...after removing the cone nut i noticed the retaining washer that is grooved to let the bearings spin was bent and twisted...i also noticed my back sprocket was slightly off...hope that didnt ruin my rear wheel...off to the bike shop 18 miles away on foot...and its drizzling here...yay...
Sorry to here about yer bike, BUT DUDE, Don't they believe in public transportation where you live? 18 miles on foot? Good Luck bro.
fatdaddy.

larry57

Mar 20, 2012
st james ctiy ,fl

i put on a pirate cycles high comp. head ,,i'm running a GT-5 grubee ,,took 5min. to install ,,high quality billet head,, i also installed a pirate cycle hub adapter w/36 tooth sprocket ,,that combination has turned my gas bike into a SMOOTH OPERATOR,,32.6mph,,also run an exspansion chamber,,nt "raceing carb"? on a billet intake manifold w/ boost bottle,,now i need more brake,,i built a greenline beach cruiser and just the coaster brake is not enough ,,HAPPY MOTORING

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

i put on a pirate cycles high comp. head ,,i'm running a GT-5 grubee ,,took 5min. to install ,,high quality billet head,, i also installed a pirate cycle hub adapter w/36 tooth sprocket ,,that combination has turned my gas bike into a SMOOTH OPERATOR,,32.6mph,,also run an exspansion chamber,,nt "raceing carb"? on a billet intake manifold w/ boost bottle,,now i need more brake,,i built a greenline beach cruiser and just the coaster brake is not enough ,,HAPPY MOTORING
Yeah Larry, Coaster brakes SUCK at 35mph. I built a Cranbrook and put a Schwinn solid fork that had the cantilever bosses on it just so I would have brakes. Right now I'm in the middle of putting on a cheapo suspension fork. So now I should have a little softer ride and still have my front V brakes. It takes away from the OLD SCHOOL look a little, but I'm getting a little older and a softer ride sounds great. And I figure V brakes are better than NO brakes.
fatdaddy.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA

Maybe I didn't do the best at putting my own bosses welded on both front and back brakes of an old school bike, this being the JC Penny Foremost from 60's era, but the V's are actual Shimano brand from other bike parts.

Having shocks on the front though are very nice though!

MT

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

added a thudbuster seat post to my electric bicycle. pretty nice but way over priced

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

added a thudbuster seat post to my electric bicycle. pretty nice but way over priced
Yeah Paul, But ya gotta think about yer personal "bottom end". How much is it worth to have a softer ride. I'd put one on my bike if it didn't raise the seat so darned high. I like my bars high and my seat low. I put on a Micargi sprung seat which is a little better than the stock Huffy, but I would still like a little more cushion at my age. If I ever build another personal bike it's gonna have a rear shock, FOR SURE.
fatdaddy.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas

I put a $20 Schwinn gel-springer seat on mine, rides REALLY nice. It's like floating on air compared to the stock Huffy springer.