wanting to do a motor kit

GoldenMotor.com

eighty_cutty

Aug 9, 2009
gun barrel city
thanx. for now im gonna sand and flat black the frame and leave the fender green. later ill have it powder coated the same theme. it was a freebie needed a seat pedal handlebars and flat fixed.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
search ebay for occ motor mount and look at barry's :)
I have used 9-10 of them and have never had any problem
he makes a LOUD chopper pipe as well
...you need the mount to offset the engine so you can clear that fat back tire :)
manic mechanic (sponsor- ad top right)makes an excellent sprocket mount as well
hope that gets ya started !!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
eighty cutty,
Welcome to the forum. You've selected a challenge for your first bike but there are many here who have built the occ chopper into motorized bicycles. You'll probably hear from several of them in the next couple of days. If you have questions just ask and someone will give you advice. AZbill and Cabinfever hve already steered you in the right direction for parts you'll need for that little bike. Have fun.
Tom

eighty_cutty

Aug 9, 2009
gun barrel city
so whats the most common motor used. i weigh in the 200 lb range and dont want to be under powered.
see a lot of 48-49 cc but would the 66/80 be to much?

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
so whats the most common motor used. i weigh in the 200 lb range and dont want to be under powered.
see a lot of 48-49 cc but would the 66/80 be to much?
The larger displacement engines have a tad more bottom end torque but for the most part there isn't a great deal of difference in the engines. At your weight you might want to go with the bigger one but there are lots of 49s carrying as much or more weight than you. By the way here's a link you might find interesting. http://motorbicycling.com/f3/blueprints-occ-stingray-motor-mount-10210.html
Tom