Ol Bluecouple coats of nice deep blue

GoldenMotor.com

GraingerDoodTim

Jun 20, 2009
Saint Petersburg, Fla
this is the motorbike that i have spent a long time building. It is a 20 goodwill kulana moondog bike with a happy time engine, almost all of the other parts were donated by a very generous walmart duel suspension piece of crap bike that I bought brand new for 40 bucks. I primed it with automotive primer, then shot a couple coats of a nice deep blue, red handle bars, and brakes. and clear coats over the whole shebang. Since the photos were taken I slapped the chain tensioner on and am planning to paint the rims red also.

Attachments

GraingerDoodTim

Jun 20, 2009
Saint Petersburg, Fla
took me about 4 hours to put everything together, then about a good solid hour to pull it all apart, then how ever much time it took to do whatever it was i was doing, and then about an hour to put it back together. So to sum it up it has taken me about 6 months all together to assemble test and work all the kinks out.

eomonkeyboi24

Jun 28, 2009
Minnesota
Do u mean six hours? But still thats a long time. Must have been tiring. I had to paint all my bike parts and strip the paint before that so I bet urs was even more work lol.

GraingerDoodTim

Jun 20, 2009
Saint Petersburg, Fla
ya know i dont really mind the work. So far this is the 3rd life of this bike. I built it like a stock kulana moon dog with moon shaped hanlebars. Rode it like that for quite a while, but realised that everyone that makes a bike out of the kulana, or schwinn jaguir or that one huffy, all look exactly the same. So for the 2nd look I pulled all the paint off, thinking that would be the hottest look. Picturing shiny metal gleaming in the sun. Not rusty metal rusting on my patio. So The 3rd time I ripped it all apart everything down to the naked frame and then painted it. I like this version much better and it at least looks a little unique. So thats where i got the six month estimate. But it runs better now than it ever did and I love it..

eomonkeyboi24

Jun 28, 2009
Minnesota
ya know i dont really mind the work. So far this is the 3rd life of this bike. I built it like a stock kulana moon dog with moon shaped hanlebars. Rode it like that for quite a while, but realised that everyone that makes a bike out of the kulana, or schwinn jaguir or that one huffy, all look exactly the same. So for the 2nd look I pulled all the paint off, thinking that would be the hottest look. Picturing shiny metal gleaming in the sun. Not rusty metal rusting on my patio. So The 3rd time I ripped it all apart everything down to the naked frame and then painted it. I like this version much better and it at least looks a little unique. So thats where i got the six month estimate. But it runs better now than it ever did and I love it..
Well you did a good job, glad you have a working bike, mine is still in the slow process of being built :)