I'm a rich man

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Wow, thanks Shan. I've been looking at that rifle for a few weeks and the only reason I haven't bought it is because I can't figure out how to sneak it into the house, or shoot it in the back yard without my animal loving wife finding out :)

She's a catch and release type who wants me to let mice go instead of killing them when I catch them in a multi-catch trap I use. Funny, she doesn't have any problems putting poison on her veggie garden to kill pests. Guess they aren't warm and fuzzy enough for her.

I might have to make a Wally run in the next couple of days.

This has to be one of the most diversified threads ever started. Thanks Biknut :)

Tom
Just tell the wife its for Hobby,Enjoyment and to help keep the hand eye coordination in shape and target practice, get one of those cool looking self healing spinner targets that you can set up in the back yard and shoot that why the wife is around and when she ain't looking...... get a fine bead on the critters and bust one off in them......!

Around the world in ???? how many posts ???? Yeah this one is ending up like a Golden Corral Buffet..... just about anything you want can be found here...LOL!

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Anybody had experience with Gamo rifles? I've read a lot of good reviews about them and have been following them very intently ever since they came out with the Whisper series.
What do you guys think about the .17 vs. .22 argument? I think .17 might be easier to shoot and find loads for as it is more common...but I know the .22 will have more knock down. Granted, I remember when the Hunter Extreme came out, somebody took out a decent sized hog with a .22 caliber variant. :D

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Anybody had experience with Gamo rifles? I've read a lot of good reviews about them and have been following them very intently ever since they came out with the Whisper series.
What do you guys think about the .17 vs. .22 argument? I think .17 might be easier to shoot and find loads for as it is more common...but I know the .22 will have more knock down. Granted, I remember when the Hunter Extreme came out, somebody took out a decent sized hog with a .22 caliber variant. :D
Lots of good honest reviews of all things air gun on youtube, best place I have found for information on many things when ai have questions.

Never owned a Gamo rifle but I know the pellets they make are junk.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Lots of good honest reviews of all things air gun on youtube, best place I have found for information on many things when ai have questions.

Never owned a Gamo rifle but I know the pellets they make are junk.
Alright, I was just wodering if anyone on here had experience with them. I do know that the Gamo lead pellets smush far too easily. lol

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Alright, I was just wodering if anyone on here had experience with them. I do know that the Gamo lead pellets smush far too easily. lol
What I dont like about the Gamo pellets is that they are very inconsistant in shape and inaccurate in all of my air rifles, several of the german made pellets are really accurate and the premier crossman pellets shoot really good as well as a few otjer tjat I cant think of the brand. Just for plinking and for killing raccoons around the house I use crossman hollow point pellets and they do a great job for me in my old Hecules B-18 .177 cal

Map

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
What I dont like about the Gamo pellets is that they are very inconsistant in shape and inaccurate in all of my air rifles, several of the german made pellets are really accurate and the premier crossman pellets shoot really good as well as a few otjer tjat I cant think of the brand. Just for plinking and for killing raccoons around the house I use crossman hollow point pellets and they do a great job for me in my old Hecules B-18 .177 cal

Map
So basically good old Crosman for overall shooting? Minus my airsoft bb's Crosman is all I use for ammo and CO2. lol

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
So basically good old Crosman for overall shooting? Minus my airsoft bb's Crosman is all I use for ammo and CO2. lol
I get good accuracy from all my air guns with the crossman and benjamin pellets, airgun depot has some other premium pellets that are very good also.

Just have to shoot and see what each rifle likes best, but I do think the crossman pellets are a good overall choice based on my experience with them, especially since they came out with their premiere line, they are very good.

Map

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I just watched a video on how BBs are made. I was curious and searched and came up with a vid made at a Crossman plant. Very interesting. Sorry, I didn't save it but I just typed in, "how are BBs made" and found it. Maybe I'll try pellets next but I imagine they're just poured into molds.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thats cool Tom, I'll do a search for that myself, I cast my own bullets for several calibers of firearms and I have been thinking about making my own .22cal pellet mold at some point when I can find the time to mess with it, I really like the .22 cal air rifles above the .177 cal for the added knock down, even though one of my best rifles is a .177cal.
I plan to get a PCP (Pre Charged Pneumatic) rifle in the future, I think I'm gonna go with the .25cal, the Benjamin/Crossman Marauder gets extremely good reviews and I'd even try it with a head shot on a deer at close range with a 60-70grain pellet.

Dang-it...! we keep this up we'll have to add an air gun section to the forum just to chit chat and share our enjoyment of that great hooby to....!

Peace, Map

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Oh yeah..... small pigs, deer and larger varmints will take there last step to a round from that one...... thats not anywhere near the biggest out there but it is a monster compared to what we normally think of as a air rifle/pellet gun.

you could do some serious damage with that one no doubt....LOL!
Or near silent home defense/sniping.