i have a problem

GoldenMotor.com

jimbobrox

Oct 22, 2008
CMCH,NJ
im new here and need some help
i bought a 69 cc kit off ebay and put it on my stingray.
i rode it out of my driveway, she started and rode for about a block.
i didnt have the exhaust on yet, and i had forgotten to take the choke off.
my carb came off, and now piston is seized. i managed to get it to the bottom of the cylinder, but cant get it to loosen up.
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
-thanks

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You are screwed unless you can box it back up and send it back to the seller under warranty...but we know that is not a nice thing to do....

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Or....buy a new cylinder and piston/ring set from your seller, and this time put the exhaust on it and make sure it's done before riding it.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man, That sucks. Sorry that happened to you Jimbo.

Just curious Joe, why would engine seize due to the exhaust being off? Over heating?

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
i managed to get it to the bottom of the cylinder, but cant get it to loosen up.

and is this with the clutch disengaged? is there anything else you forgot to tighten? like say the chain tensioner, the rear wheel , causing slack in the chain and jamming into the drive sprocket! is the motor still on the bike or is it off now? has the clutch been properly adjusted! unless something broke internally and causing the piston to seize and you only rode it for just a block, I cant imagine the motor overheated! Iam surprised you had it running with the carb loose!

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You can seize an engine in the first few seconds to one minute after start up, and that's even with a pretty good carb setting....it's known as "cold seizure". That's where you try to load a two stroke too soon and the piston has expanded at the skirt, and the cylinder hasn't and sqeeeeekkk!!! cold seizure.

jimbobrox

Oct 22, 2008
CMCH,NJ
thanks for the help
under further investigation, i found one of the four tabs on the carb had gotten wedged inbetween the cylinder and piston.
i, being ever so smart, missed it and pounded it in more when attempting to "unseize" it.
piston got distorted, and cylinder has dent in it
i got a new piston and rings, and am about to get a new cylinder.

p.s. its and occ sting ray

thnks again