Lil' Brutus Jr. Finally on the Road Today Need Suggestions for foot rests!

GoldenMotor.com

oldnhbikeman

Aug 20, 2011
New Hampshire
Took my first ride today with my SkyHawk 49cc motorized on a Wally World Cruiser. Went an uneventful 6 miles and needed to adjust the clutch cable. But I am very happy with the build.

My question.... Due to a health issue, my legs and feet get fatigued and I am thinking of installing some "resting" pegs on my front wheel or front forks. Has anyone done this? If so, can you suggest the appropriate parts / setup.

My thought was to weld a grade 5 or 8 nut in a small piece of pipe with a form cover as a homemade fab job, but I don't won't to re-invent the wheel, no pun intended folks! Thanks for any help!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Your idea of resting your feet on the front wheel sounds a little unsafe to me. I can see your reasoning and the need to find a comfy place to rest your legs but it would seem to me that control, especially in an emergency could be compromised by having your feet rest on the front forks.
This is only my opinion and I'm sure you'll get others either agreeing or disagreeing with me.
If it were me I'd probably look for alternatives to a mounting place, possibly off the down tube. Just a question, did you retain the pedals?
Good luck and I'm glad your bike has been a success so far. Have fun, ride safe.
Tom

oldnhbikeman

Aug 20, 2011
New Hampshire
Thanks you are probably right. Yes did retain the pedals, but I was thinking about something like the big bikes use, those fold-down pegs on motorcycles. Appreciate the feedback!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
An alternative might be a bent or "layback" seat post so that your not using the pedals to support your weight or for balance. They really make for a much more comfortable ride. I really do hope that will help you out some.

Bent seat post/lay back seatpost

Last edited: