Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Digital

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
My Vapor came in today. I got the 75-704 with a 14mm engine temp sensor added to the kit for the spark plug attachment on the cylinder head. Spec sheet in my hand says it will operate 6.0-400 vac/vdc. This is to grab power from the ignition coil on MX bikes with no battery. I don't completely understand it. When I ordered it on the phone this is what they told me too.

I had terrible luck with speedos on the Morini this is where this kit is going for me. Then I can observe engine temp clutch adjustment etc.

The tach attaches to the wiring going to the cdi. My power wire goes to the hot kill switch wire. It was told to me that the internal battery will not last very long with out the support of the auxiliary power hook up.

Reading the spec sheet vehicles with 12 volt battery can be used as well. I don't understand how this works yet with out some kind of voltage regulator? Everything seams present in the directions and the directions are clear and easy to read to me.

The screen display is huge to me and the pictures of it I found seam to make it look smaller! lol Still waiting for my new Morini parts to arrive then I will start a thread in the Morini section.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
All right the china's magneto will power it. It flickers too much tho on the screen back light at idle . Raise the idle any at just a tad higher and it works perfect. So yes the china's magneteo will power it with out any noticable differance that would lag the motor or make it die.
Also the tach worked great tied into the blue wire to the cdi.

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
after reading this and a few probs with my cat eye i went to wally world a got the schwinn speedo but having the same prob when i start my bike it reset every time i tried starting the bike then putting it on but it reset then to how r u guys getting these to work right

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Do you need to ground the motor to the frame to stop interference???or is that the problem??

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
Do you need to ground the motor to the frame to stop interference???or is that the problem??
looks like i fingered it out the ground to the frame was arking which was doing and on my older MB it is not grounded to the frame at all (new is wire like e1 here said to do but old is wired likebook said to do )