chopped 60's hiawatha

GoldenMotor.com

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
i had this old frame laying around,and i figured i'd chop 6 inches out of the seat post. and lower the whole ride height.by 6 inches.its all tacked up but still needs finish welded. ill post more pics tomorrow if the weather holds out. i plan on filling the space were the cantilever bars are.with sheet metal to kinda make a tank look

Attachments

Last edited:

skyhawkcannondale

May 2, 2010
westchester ohio
I was there too see that bad azz bike tommys building today,, this bike is super bad azz.he helped me finsh some stuff on my schwinn high point .my bike is kinda fast but your bike walked my butt big time today butt we had fun riding our bikes around hamilton ohio today.we need to get people together and ride in hamilton who have motorized bikes.Any taker's????????????????????

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
yea it is fun,i got big plans for this hiawatha.chopped stretched,what ever i can this or dare to try.and your bike will get faster just gotta keep tuning and tinkering with it and throw some performance parts at it like a ex chamber and some porting to the jug.had a blast today

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
That frame looks just like a Murray Meteor Flite.
prolly is the same frame.but when i bought it off cl it had a tank and other water slides saying hiawatha.i kinda like the rear drop outs,and im still trying to convince myself to rake it,just not to sure if it would be strong enough,when cut and rewelded?at the head tube,with a cheap harbour freight mig

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
It prolly will not look as attractive at the least I say put two plates adjacent to the neck. I did this and yes at 240 pounds plus a heavy bike I felt a lot better after this.
The strength of just one fish plate is over rated I think. It will not hurt to look in this forum for a while if'n ya don't mind reading.
Frame Building - Mountain Bike Forums

I believe the term they use is called smoke out out for bad fish plate bracing.

Smoked Out

http://motorbicycling.com/attachments/f47/12557d1252130005-morini-time-full-sus-project-p1030020.jpg
Frameforum Archive Section